SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 471 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
OK, Dortmund has an huge average ! Right now they got 73.716 (against Schalke, Cologne, Bielefeld and Stuttgart)
But sponsors don't pay only for stadium-spectators (44.000 season-tickets), but mostly for tv-time.
And the chances that Dortmund will play in the UEFA-CL in the next 5 years are tiny.
Right now they can't even manage to get to the UEFA-Cup.

www.schwatzgelb.de mentions an amount between 4-5 Million €. That's more realistic than 6-7 Million €

· Banned
1,128 Posts
Dortmund this season -

Borussia Dortmund v Schalke 04 1:2 - 81.264 (sold out)
Borussia Dortmund v Cologne 2:1 - 78.400
Borussia Dortmund v Arminia Bielefeld 2:0 - 62100
Borussia Dortmund v VfB Stuttgart 0:0 - 73100

Dortmund and Schalke both have great stadiums. It's just a shame that Dortmund have some bizarre love in with the tramps that are celtic. For that reason, I wish Schalke all the best.

· Registered
882 Posts
Westfalenstadoin - Südtribüne

Does anyone have some pictures of the südtribüne of Westfalenstadion? I heard that in the bundesliga games the südtribüne has an "all-standing" configuration, but in international games it has an "all-seater" config. It would be great if someone post pictures of the standing places, the installation of the seats and the seating installed.
Thanks!

Sorry for the bad spelling at the title

· The Besieger
619 Posts
I do not understand: How do they change configurations? They install the seats before each european game and then they remove them for bundesliga games?

Just curious.......

· Registered Abuser
12,857 Posts
Yes, that's how it works. I believe they have developed this special (click?) system which allows them to transform the stand from an all seater to a terrace in a matter of hours. It is a very popular system in Germany. HSV, Schalke, Hannover among others use a similar system.

· Registered
3,790 Posts
Yes, that's how it works. I believe they have developed this special (click?) system which allows them to transform the stand from an all seater to a terrace in a matter of hours. It is a very popular system in Germany. HSV, Schalke, Hannover among others use a similar system.
You probably mean this (picture of VfB Stuttgart's Gottlieb Daimler Stadion):

Edit: no, you probably do not mean this ;)

· Registered
1,915 Posts
That comes from the Bundasliga being more receptive to its fans, and the supporters fighting tooth & nail to keep their terraces and fairly reasonable ticket prices. Getting in to a top league game for like 10 euros? You sure can't do that in the Premiership, or NFL or many other leagues. They are functional affordable (built as well as tickets) atmospheric facilities. Outside of the Allianz arena and the Veltins arena most of those stadiums seem to be for the common fan. You're just not going to see an Emirates or a Jerryworld with a ton of suites and $300 club seats.
The only real downside is that alot of German facilities aren't very attractive in an exterior aesthetic sense (BorussiaStadion, HSV Arena, BayArena ect) in my opinion.

· Registered
882 Posts
Thanks Quintana, those must be pictures of the World Cup 2006, the sponsors and the blue desks in the main stand confirm this.
That's the Sudtribune, in both.

However, I still have 2 questions:
1 - the terraced "steps" are very tiny, do they make any mods in the "steps"? (steps of stands, not of the stairs in stands. Sorry but I don't know the correct word)
2 - What mechanism is used to fasten the seats? It's like a screw? A hole in the floor? A click system??

21 - 40 of 471 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.