81,264 (2005–2006)
80,708 (2006–2008)
80,552 (2008–2010)
80,720 (2010–2012)
80,645 (2012–)(League Matches)
65,590 (International Matches)

City: Dortmund
Capacity: 83.000
Team: Borussia Dortmund 09 (My favorite team)

(This picture is from the stadiums earlier stage, when they didn't have any seats in the corners yet)

This one's just for show :) :

So is this one: :)

41 - 60 of 471 Posts
:cheers:

Congratulations to the Germans on looking after the wants and needs of their fans, a very rare treat in todays corporate climate. My local club (Melbourne Victory) are currently exploring German models for our new stadium which has just begun the early phases of construction.
I've found this photo of Nurnberg stadium in fussballtempel.

There are some metal that may fasten the seats in the concrete.
Do the other removable systems work like this?

main stand

North stand

One of my favorites, a proper football stadium with a large stand terrace as well.
Those new corners suck.
You are looking to the stand :eek:hno:
Woah, thats awful.
Koln has the same problem
I've been at the stadium during the last World Cup, and watched Germany - Poland... yes the goal in the 93rd min hurt :p

But the stadium seemed very comfortable. I probably would need to visit during a BVB game, but the extra lounges and vip areas which were available during the World Cup were really amazing! Much better than Shalke (sorry if I hurt some feelings here ;) )
I wonder if they did a better job at OT with the corners? Its a similar situation afterall.
Hope they don't put the away supporters over there :rock:
The Westfalenstadium is Germany's largest stadium, but if it is all-seater, then Berlin's Olympic Stadium would be the largest in Germany and this stadium would be ranked third. Why must Gemans prefer to stand instead of be seated during football matches?
Because they prefer it! You could just have the seats installed permanently and let people stand in certain areas anyway. Couldn't be official really though because that practise is probably seen as dangerous.
It's more fun, and it creates a better atmosphere.
The Westfalenstadium is Germany's largest stadium, but if it is all-seater, then Berlin's Olympic Stadium would be the largest in Germany and this stadium would be ranked third. Why must Gemans prefer to stand instead of be seated during football matches?
One of the arguments for safe standing in the UK is that people will stand anyway, and it's far more dangerous to stand in an area designed for seating than a properly designed and well stewarded standing area. I've taken my fair share of tumbles over rows of seating when celebrating a goal at an away game.
Because they prefer it! You could just have the seats installed permanently and let people stand in certain areas anyway. Couldn't be official really though because that practise is probably seen as dangerous.
This is an popular urban legend among the Dortmund fans, Berlin Olympiastadion ist Germany's largest stadium.
btw, the name of this stadium is SIGNAL IDUNA Park and nothing else!

The Westfalenstadium is Germany's largest stadium,
Yeah, never happened to me, but I've seen others falling. That's just part of an away game atmosphere though - you accept that it could happen. Almost everyone stands at away games, and those who don't want to sit near the front so that there's no conflict.

Clubs should just draw up a statement saying if you stand duing games then you are breaking the law and if you get injured then that is not the club's responsibility. Then you wouldn't have stewards wasting their time and yours telling everyone to sit down.
One of the arguments for safe standing in the UK is that people will stand anyway, and it's far more dangerous to stand in an area designed for seating than a properly designed and well stewarded standing area. I've taken my fair share of tumbles over rows of seating when celebrating a goal at an away game.
How much does the "Südtribüne" hold when its seated?!
No, I'm much more comfortable referring to stadiums by their original name instead. Signal Iduna Park is just a sponsor name and the deal is limited and will expire in 2011. Corporate naming rights is fascism.
This is an popular urban legend among the Dortmund fans, Berlin Olympiastadion ist Germany's largest stadium.
btw, the name of this stadium is SIGNAL IDUNA Park and nothing else!
Really? I thought it would be more than that!
i think 12,000
41 - 60 of 471 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.