SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only thing I'm bummed about is not being able to see 1WTC's progress when i look downtown from the village (6th Ave) for a few years. At least I'll have the Foster Tower, and it's better looking imo.

·
Registered
583 Posts
is it just me or does that render above have the other building next to FT at the exact same height (or pretty close) minus the spire....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the triangular tower, I'm not really that wowed by the others. The freedom tower itself sticks out like a sore thumb... I'm not American, but I love New York, why didn't they try to create a modern Empire State building. What is this, Dubai?

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Yes, it DOES look to be about the same structural height as the Freedom Tower.
Daquan:), our New York Friend:banana:,
It's a lot better than the 2003 design:bash:, and really taller for the office personnel and observation deck is higher:banana::cheers::),

Thank God it's started , and
NOW it will be built, and completed by Sept . 11th, 2011 !!!:cheers:

God Bless the U.S.A. !!!

at 1776 feet, " We The People " will prevail and survive any attack :banana: !!!:cheers::)

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
It's a lot better than the 2003 design:bash:, and really taller for the office personnel and observation deck is higher:banana::cheers::),

God Bless the U.S.A. !!!

at 1776 feet, " We The People " will prevail and survive any attack :banana: !!!:cheers::)

I think you got it wrong. I'm not complaining about any of the towers at all.

AirJay78 asked a question and I was trying to answer him.

Don't get me wrong, I like the NWTC, and I can't wait to see it completed. And you're right!! '03 deesign and all else before that are all crap!!!!!!! Haha!!:lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
the freedom tower has a roof hight of 1,368 ft but the spire makes it 1776 feet

and for 200 Greenwich Street its roof hight is 1,270 ft but the spire on top makes it 1,350 ft

so its shoter but not by much thats taller then the empire state building if you go by roof hight

·
Registered
311 Posts

God Bless the U.S.A. !!!

AMEN!!!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
the freedom tower has a roof hight of 1,368 ft but the spire makes it 1776 feet

and for 200 Greenwich Street its roof hight is 1,270 ft but the spire on top makes it 1,350 ft

so its shoter but not by much thats taller then the empire state building if you go by roof hight

it may be taller than the ESB as for roof height, but is it taller than the old twins roof height?

·
Euro Mod
17,277 Posts
Seeing these renderings and how the whole complex will look I must say I like it and I can't wait to see it built.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
How accurate is the markings of the old WTC from the Memorial Footprints??

·
Registered
414 Posts
it may be taller than the ESB as for roof height, but is it taller than the old twins roof height?
200 Greenwich Street froof hight is few feet taller then the esb roof and the spire is counted in its hight but it is a few feet shoter then the south tower was by its spire hight

also if u removed the spire and just counted the things that have the lights on it thats about 1400 feet the roof hight is the same as the north tower and the top floor is the same hight as the south tower i believe

·
Registered
33 Posts
As for height, I went back and look at the designs released on the net. The actual roof is 1368'. Same height as the North Tower. The South Tower was 1363'. Between the roof and the spire is that round base structure that never was fully explained in most articles about the freedom tower. Which in the new pics seems to be some sort of microwave antenna base. I guess in a way, you could consider that the actual roof. Looks like that would add about to the height like the user above mentioned.

21 - 40 of 610 Posts