SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 610 Posts

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
well tower 1 was 5 feet taller than 2 because they had to add the big slab of foundation on the roof for the antenna. i wonder if they're going to have the same thing on the freedom tower or the roof itself will just reach 1368'.

·
Registered
414 Posts
well tower 1 was 5 feet taller than 2 because they had to add the big slab of foundation on the roof for the antenna. i wonder if they're going to have the same thing on the freedom tower or the roof itself will just reach 1368'.
i think that thing has the lights on it idk if thats counted but if it is then the freedom tower will be 1400 by roof hight i wonder if they will let u go out on that like the south tower use to have

·
Banned
61 Posts
I am really disappointed...looks like another glass office tower with bevelled corners. Secondly, instead of replacing the twin icons, the site was developed with a mindset similar to suburban masterplanning, with only one key tower. Politics must have gotten in the way to allow for ugly corporate building to occupy such a sacred spot.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am really disappointed...looks like another glass office tower with bevelled corners. Secondly, instead of replacing the twin icons, the site was developed with a mindset similar to suburban masterplanning, with only one key tower. Politics must have gotten in the way to allow for ugly corporate building to occupy such a sacred spot.
it may not be the best thing in the world but i find it better to have that then just a huge hole in the ground i believe alot of the famleys woudlent want to see the same buildings that were there before and i can understand why but hey its what u think and the freedom tower is being builit on were wtc 4 5 6 and were not were the twins stand the sacred spot to me was the twins and thats were there putting the park and such so theres really nothing bad about it

·
Banned
61 Posts
it may not be the best thing in the world but i find it better to have that then just a huge hole in the ground i believe alot of the famleys woudlent want to see the same buildings that were there before and i can understand why but hey its what u think and the freedom tower is being builit on were wtc 4 5 6 and were not were the twins stand the sacred spot to me was the twins and thats were there putting the park and such so theres really nothing bad about it
I actually really appreciate square holed fountains in the park proposal. There's room to stick a new pair of towers on the original site yet maintain the original footprints. Which brings me to another issue I had, which is the size of the park in such a urban site, seems like a waste of real estate. The old WTC were hideous buildings, but I just thought it would be nice to have a new and improved 21st century version that can look entirely different. Afterall, the idea for redeveloping the site is to symbolize america's resiliance to an attack on democracy. I don't know anyone related to the victims and have little attachment to the whole idea, but it seems like the current message is a bit weak with only one key tower. Anyway just voicing my opinion, I'll still be happy when the thing is done, but it could've been better. That bastard libeskind won again...

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
26,409 Posts
Am I the only one who hates the stinger on top of the planned Freedom Tower?

Much better. However, this tower should've been a lot higher to be as iconic as the twins were. Building one tower of the same height instead of the destroyed two is terrible, almost like admitting that they won :eek:hno:

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Do you mean without stinger on top...spire....but building even taller..maybe looking more like this????
By redbaron_012

·
Banned
779 Posts
Am I the only one who hates the stinger on top of the planned Freedom Tower?

Much better. However, this tower should've been a lot higher to be as iconic as the twins were. Building one tower of the same height instead of the destroyed two is terrible, almost like admitting that they won :eek:hno:
The American government already won.

41 - 60 of 610 Posts