SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Love that this development will be pedestrian-oriented, offer retail that will interest locals as well as tourists, and provide a totally different feel from Lower Broadway. OliverMcmillan is planning to bring some of the retailers from their Buckhead Atlanta development. I'm excited to see who they land. Warby Parker obviously makes sense with them opening up an office a few blocks away in the L&C Tower. As someone who works nearby, I would much prefer a mixture of practical and high end retail. Anything but another boot store or kitschy t-shirt shop.

·
Registered
648 Posts
From story on WSMV, reported today

This will have:
1) 27 story residential tower
2) 24 story office tower
3) National Museum of African American Music
4) retail and entertainment
5) creative office

The city will build a 781 spaces 2-level parking structure below the retail with option to add an additional 3rd level with an additional 400 parking spaces. The office tower is really 14 stories on top of 10 levels of parking, similar setup for the residential tower. The talk is still about the retail that will bring in new luxury brands that currently do not exist in Nashville today. Also, both towers will be shorter than the Renaissance Hotel (next door)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was saying it was lame because I'm not a fan of this project. I was just giving my opinion. As for the helmet if you knew anything about football you would know that helmet is from when the Rams were in Los Angeles and its my icon because i support the Rams moving back to LA. Maybe you should do some research before you start saying stupid stuff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was saying it was lame because I'm not a fan of this project. I was just giving my opinion. As for the helmet if you knew anything about football you would know that helmet is from when the Rams were in Los Angeles and its my icon because i support the Rams moving back to LA. Maybe you should do some research before you start saying stupid stuff.
I didn't say they wear the logo anymore, but it's still a trademark of the Rams, the St. Louis Rams. No research needed, my team lost to them in Super Bowl 34, in which (btw) they used the helmet that you've coopted for your icon, the St. Louis Rams, maybe you should do some research. So unless you're going to contribute to the discussion here about Nashville, kindly move on!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
So someone posted their opinion on this project. Since you don't agree with it, you accuse them of being a troll?

My opinion is the project is decent. I do like the interaction of the façade at the street level.

·
Registered
648 Posts
And at first I was just going to ignore you, but now I understand you completely (and also about the LA Rams). But I am curious to know why you don't think this is a good project ???

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,633 Posts
Metro Council Takes Up Convention Center, Sex Clubs & Construction

By Todd Walker. CREATED Apr 7, 2015

NASHVILLE, Tenn - Metro Council took the first step toward the city selling off the site of the old Nashville Convention Center so it can be redeveloped.

A final deal for the mixed-use project was announced at the end of March.

The redeveloped site will include retail, apartments, office space and the future site of the National Museum of African American Music.

Tuesday night was the first reading of the deal.

It has to be approved two more times.

Also introduced Tuesday was a bill which would make sex clubs a complete designation of their own under Metro Code...

[...]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Big improvement over what was already going to be a good development. Lower Broad can now extend another block, and there will no longer be a blank wall welcoming people back on the street as they exit Bridgestone. Now we just need a lead tenant to sign on and put there name on what will be a prominent building.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
This is a HUGE improvement over the design thats on the first page. Of course Oliver Macmillan knows retail so this is a home run for Nashville that they are the developer.

:eek:kay:

21 - 40 of 100 Posts