• Downtown Atlanta

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Downtown Houston

Votes: 30 58.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I think Atlanta has the coolest skyline, but, neither city has a Downtown that is fun to "play" in...that would definitely have to be reserved for my hometown. But, Atlanta has a more attractive Downtown then Houston, although, I do like Houston's Downtown.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Down with downtown vs downtown threads

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
city vs. city threads are discouraged here but it would get lost in the world section so i'll let it be but if this thread starts to go south, i'll lock it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My vote goes for Houston. I visited Houston 5 years ago and it's Downtown back then was still better than Atlanta's Downtown of today.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

someone forgot "POST PICS AND DISCUSS!!!"

-

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Houston. Downtown Houston seems to be 3 times bigger yet its attractions are much closer together. Downtown nightlife clearly goes to Houston. Many more clubs and restaurants. Minute Maid and Toyota Center in the thick of it all, plus the theater district and the Aquarium. Atlanta's aquarium should be opening soon though. Plus dt Houston has 1 full-fledged department store. I liked that Macy's in dt Atlanta. I still can't believe it's gone forever. Whenever I was in Atlanta it was so convenient from the hotel.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
citykid09 said:
I like both. But you know I gotta go wit Houston.
What do those pictures even have to do with the thread? The thread isn't even about skylines.

Anyways, I think they both suck major balls. It also seems kind of unfair because of the size of Houston's downtown. Since Atlanta has the Centennial Olympic Park and all that development I think I'll go with Atlanta.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Houston. I've been to Atlanta.

Ooooohhh! But from what I've seen about Houston - that city has a better downtown.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I guess I will be responsible for the streetlevel pics.

Here is the MArket Square neighborhood in downtown Houston. Courtesy of MontroseNeighborhood at SSP.

and I'll end it with a density shot of downtown

anyway, if you want information on the entertainment in downtown, click the link

click

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, I can't officially vote because I haven't been to Downtown Atlanta in many years. But I will say Houston's Downtown weekend nightlife will shock the heck out of you if you haven't been in a while. Blocked off streets full of club hopping patrons, street performers, flashing lights, adequate security, and a abundance of clubs and restaurants close together but scan quite a number of blocks and streets. I would say it's a smaller but maturing mix of 6th Street in Austin and Downtown Ft. Worth. I actually would also go so far as to say a smaller version of Bourbon Street particularly during large events in Houston because people are allowed to drink on the streets during those times.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Houston of course, but..you cannot really compare the two.

·
Brooklyn Real Estater
182 Posts
I vote Houston, hands-down. I lived in Atlanta, directly downtown, from 1998 until early 2001. Then, it was s l o w l y gentrifying in a couple of areas, Fairlie-Poplar, and Cabbagetown, as they call it, but most areas were deserted after 6pm, and most weekends. Downtown is also an area that is not very safe, or at least has the feeling of not being safe. It's hard to describe. I live in NYC now, and have never felt as unsafe as I was in downtown Atlanta. Hopefully it's changed for the better presently, but in 2003 I was there, and Underground Atlanta was still awful, and the streets were somewhat busy, but this was 4pm-ish on a Friday.

Can anyone give an update on downtown's scene?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts