15,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First Brooklyn Supertall!

First proposition.

Was there before

·
Registered
554 Posts
I hope this building gets built exactly like the rendering. Its a very powerful design and is much better than the supertalls going up in Manhattan. 21st Century Gotham City design. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
15,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope this building gets built exactly like the rendering. Its a very powerful design and is much better than the supertalls going up in Manhattan. 21st Century Gotham City design. Fingers crossed.
Yes, indeed a very successful design and look. I am sure some revisions are forthcoming, but I hope they will not change it much :cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that building is gorgeous!
I just hope that the actual design will not be simplified from the picture above like they always try to do in order to save money. :cheers:

·
3,872 Posts
This building looks beautiful!! I hope it happens for you guys!! I would love to see something (albeit much smaller) built in Milwaukee. The colors and the sort of art deco/frank lloyd wright thing is has going on looks great!

·
Buffalo's Idealist💡
Buffalo's Idealist💡
4,806 Posts
^ actually you are right. This might be the closest thing to a 'prairie style' skyscraper i have seen. It's the Art Deco detail and earth tone cladding. This building would fit in perfectly in Chicago.
I didn't want to say it, but on the oft-chance Buffalo ever got a supertall (not in my lifetime), I would want this!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I went by this site today, here is the status as of today December 3rd.

The current building to be demolished at 340 flatbush. The top two floors look like they are vacant, the bottom 3 floors still had lights:

The small corner building next to the bigger building is already demolished:

Peeking inside:

·
Premium Member
15,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went by this site today, here is the status as of today December 3rd.

The current building to be demolished at 340 flatbush. The top two floors look like they are vacant, the bottom 3 floors still had lights:

The small corner building next to the bigger building is already demolished:

Peeking inside:
what is/was in this building?

·
Premium Member
15,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I know there is a 150 years old Dime savings bank which is on protected list on the other side of this building. And it cannot be touched. So what is getting demolished other than the small corner building which is gone already? ::coffee:

Landmarked Dimes Savings Bank

·
Registered
615 Posts
what is/was in this building?
As far as I know there is a 150 years old Dime savings bank which is on protected list on the other side of this building. And it cannot be touched. So what is getting demolished other than the small corner building which is gone already? ::coffee:
This plot has 4 buildings in total:

Dime Savings Bank building - currently a Chase bank branch (not being demolished)
2 floor Juniors restaurant building - owner didn't sell (not being demolished)
2 floor vacant office building - already demolished, thats the empty corner space you can see in my pics.
5 floor US Coast Guard Recruiting building - thats the building on my pictures facing Flatbush avenue, it will be demolished once vacated.

The Dime Savings bank building is not facing Flatbush avenue at all.
Here I marked the to be demo'd buildings with red X's:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Oh Wow!

·
Premium Member
15,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like this neo-gothic new look. Makes it look incredibly beautiful!

·
Premium Member
15,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
changed height to 325 meters ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts