Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Saturday was beautiful. After lunch with a friend at Rock Bottom I went out and took some pics of the construction.
We'll start with the street scene in front of Rock Bottom where the people watching was great.

Walked up Tryon and then right on 5th...this is a bad attempt at a pano pic of Avenue.
Don't worry, the concrete column on the corner is not really tilting...just my bad photo editing skills :)

Walking down 5th came to Fifth and Poplar, they are just about sold out of the condo conversions here.
Some of the new residents were enjoying the great weather out on their balconies.

Then I turned left onto Poplar and took some pics of Trademark. This baby is already 10 stories tall...going up super fast.

And putting the Trademark in context with its next door neighbor Carrilon.

Walked on down Poplar and got this pic of 220 S Tryon condos. They were installing the granite? base.

Moved over to Church St and came upon the Wachovia tower site.

And putting the Wachovia construction site in context with the Wachovia towers.

Then I turned on Stonewall and went down to the Westin.

Got this pic of the Lynx Blue Line construction at the Convention Center.

Then I walked down Stonewall to Caldwell to check the progress at Smith Curry condo tower.

Going on down Caldwell I snagged a pic of The Park Condos...I missed the little party they had :(

And here is the back side to the Park.

Heading up 3rd St you can see some more Lynx Blue Line construction.

Here is a another bad attempt at a pano of the Epicentre site...I just wanted to try and show how big
and deep the site is. On the right is the foundation for the 53 story 210 Trade condo tower.

Then I walked back to my car to drive around to get the remaining photos.

First Row condos.
Notice the BofA Stadium in the background.

Next I went over to check on the NC Music Factory.

This is a pic from the backside of the ADM grain mill...which might be taken down to make way
for HighSpeed Rail...no decision has been made yet.

Now heading back home I got a pano of the Renwick Condo site.

And here is Court 6 just a half block away.

Last but not least here is M Street.

Thanks for joining me on another construction tour of downtown Charlotte. Stay tuned,
I am thinking about doing another thread for the "downtown ring" construction update.

·
Charlotte
684 Posts
Great photo updates. Question. Do you have a rendering of the "Smith Curry condo tower". This is my first time hearing about this project. Ironically I was Uptown this weekend too and noticed the skeleton of that project going up for the very first time. I wondered what was finally being built there.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Great work, uptownliving :eek:kay: Glad you took the time to take so many nice photos. Keep it up, Uptown looks really nice and I am happy to see all the progress made from time to time. Look forward to your sequels ;)

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Exciting times for Charlotte, it seems... I think the new condo projects will bring alot of life to Charlotte's downtown- something more American cities need are new condo towers in their cores :)

-thryve

·
Charlotte
684 Posts
uptownliving said:
Expect a rendering and article in the Wednesday Charlotte Observer of the Smith Curry Condos.
Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to see it.

Umm? Could it be? Possibly? That uptownliving actually "is" Dou...nahh...

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
This is a pic from the backside of the ADM grain mill...which might be taken down to make way
it's Charlotte, i'm suprised it's still standing ;)

great pics and tour. CLT looks to be filling in nicely, even if she isn't my type. isn't it "Uptown" though? :jk:

-

p.s. how tall is the new Wachovia going to be? has it been announced?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Great pics! That Epicentre site is something to behold. It's reminiscent of Ground Zero, in the sense of a huge space among highrise towers.

Let's hope they save the old grain mill. It would be a good conversion project, especially near the Music Factory.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Carolina Blue said:
Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to see it.

Umm? Could it be? Possibly? That uptownliving actually "is" Dou...nahh...
Lol...no I am not Doug Smith...I havn't even met him, nor seen him in person. He is a very elusive fella.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol...yeah I can see that. It used to be an office building for Mass Mutual and is being converted into condos. It has sold very well only a few units remain. Here is what it will look like when completed later this year.

There will be a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse right next door on Tryon St.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts