Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
If that happens at that time, that will be great.

This project along with Artisan 420 will totally liven that Pine Street/Church St. corridor. Sanctuary and 101 Eola have been the sole activity centers back there all this time. Publix added a little as well.
Don't forget the 3 story Brownstones between Church & Miraposa that we will begin pre selling soon!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If the development proposal falls within the density variances set by the municipal planning board, then the City really has little to do with the proposed height / density of the project.

As we know, the MPB and ARB make recommendations and decisions that ultimately impact overall design and implementation. The proposed Thornton Park townhomes at Church / Mariposa are a great example of this (a proposal that went from abysmal to beautiful - in theory).

Before ARB review:

After ARB review:

·
Mr. Justice
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These low-rise projects are doing much more to life and activity in the neighborhoods than height will ever bring.
I stated nothing about height. my point was the sheer size these low rises are taking when they could be building up to utilize space in Downtown.

Yeah keep believing that and Orlando will be another TYPICAL American city but that's what does it for you guys huh? That makes everything okay. Downtown Orlando isn't even a real neighborhood. Thorton Park is close to being the most complete. Downtown has NO financial district, very small convention/ballroom space. The city is getting rid of every parcel of land for trash low rise residential APARTMENTS rather than trying to help the financial core. :lol: keep telling yourself the low ride BS is okay. I'm over the people on these forums having all the answers to become a TYPICAL CITY with no to very little business growth.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I stated nothing about height. my point was the sheer size these low rises are taking when they could be building up to utilize space in Downtown.

Yeah keep believing that and Orlando will be another TYPICAL American city but that's what does it for you guys huh? That makes everything okay. Downtown Orlando isn't even a real neighborhood. Thorton Park is close to being the most complete. Downtown has NO financial district, very small convention/ballroom space. The city is getting rid of every parcel of land for trash low rise residential APARTMENTS rather than trying to help the financial core. :lol: keep telling yourself the low ride BS is okay. I'm over the people on these forums having all the answers to become a TYPICAL CITY with no to very little business growth.
I didn't think I would strike a nerve that badly...

·
Mr. Justice
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't think I would strike a nerve that badly...
Whatever, I'll post and keep posting like I have been how about you don't respond to me I don't respond to you?

Tired of all you people who have different ideas to shoot down others who think or see something in another way . It's annoying. You and your buddies who liked your sarcastic post will all be on my ignore list.

·
CircuitChild
22 Posts
I would also like to see the buildings built taller. But the smaller low rise projects in the North Quarter really look nice along Orange Ave. The North Quarter will eventually host downtown's tallest building per FAA regulation so filling in the space with 6-10 story buildings isn't a terrible idea. When they redevelop the Orlando Sentinel property there should be a taller building there than the 11-story towers they have proposed.

·
10,664 Posts
Work on new downtown Orlando apartment tower to start this summer
Jul 2, 2015, 12:23pm EDT Updated Jul 6, 2015, 9:00am EDT
Anjali Fluker
Orlando Business Journal

A new 25-story luxury apartment high-rise will start coming out of the ground sometime this summer in downtown Orlando.

Naples-based Summa Development Group LLC is expected to break ground on the estimated $42 million, 233-unit CitiTower apartment project on the northeast corner of East Church Street and Lake Avenue. The PCL Construction is the project general contractor — no longer Austin Commercial LP, who had previously been named — and Baker Barrios Architects is the designer.
more here

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/07/work-on-new-downtown-orlando-apartment-tower-to.html

Rendering at the link. Looks good.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.