Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
^^
I have struggled a lot with questions that ask about people. Besides a person shooting photos during the weekends, when pretty much all the offices are closed, we need to realize that what is presented here is the Central Business District, where business activity takes place. Some cities have strong CBD's, but they also have separate residential areas, where a ton of activity takes place at the street level. I wish that some day forumers would stop asking the same old question and focus more on the architecture and photography, but then again people must have the freedom to express their opinions.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The first line of the post says "A quiet Saturday morning around Downtown Dallas" If you notice, there aren't many cars around either. Beautiful pics.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Glory Glory, anyways I'm just used to viabrant city centres, even on Saturday Mornings! Nice pics though, Dallas needs to move in to the 21st century though with new towers.

K Bye

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The architects of that building were recognized with an Honor Award from the American Institute of Architects in 1990.
It's the world's tallest building to be glazed with four-sided structural silicone. And that is indeed a beautiful tower:

From Urban Fabric:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dallas is, indeed, a new ultra modern city. I wonder how many people work in the CBD? With all the towering office space, the number must soar over half a million. Is there much downtown residential?

In the mid-1950's I stayed at an elegant hotel downtown called The Adolphus. I don't suppose it's still around.

Thanks for the excellent pictures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts