Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well I decided to go out this morning to take some photos.

Here are a collection of sites thats being considered for the massive $200 million hotel/entertainment/tourist/convention/residential/office development.

Here is the old trolley barn that was used when Greensboro use to have street cars. Should this development comes to Greensboro and should they have a venue such as the House of Blues, I think it would be a great idea to preserve this barn and make it part of the House of Blues.

In comparison here is the House of Blues in Myrtle beach

the construction of City View Apartments located in Southside can be seen in the distance

Here is Center Pointe condos. A restaruant and maybe a coffe shop will be on the first floor and some penthouse units could sell as high as $6 million and have ammenties such as two-story waterfalls and built in large home theaters. Center Pointe is located across the street from Center-City Park.

Arbor House Condos located on Spring Street

Cafe Europa - located in Festival Park across the street from Center-City Park

Governor's Court Condos

Greensboro Central Library

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I had to keep my comments short on all your new threads, earlier, because I was getting ready to go to work, but I felt the need to at least thank you for putting together these nice collections of photos. I know that someone already suggested this, but I will do so, as well. Although having a 56k connection is not uncommon, I would love to see a single Greensboro photos thread, where I could post mine, too, without starting a new thread :) Since you represent Greensboro, maybe you can do this ;)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to keep my comments short on all your new threads, earlier, because I was getting ready to go to work, but I felt the need to at least thank you for putting together these nice collections of photos. I know that someone already suggested this, but I will do so, as well. Although having a 56k connection is not uncommon, I would love to see a single Greensboro photos thread, where I could post mine, too, without starting a new thread :) Since you represent Greensboro, maybe you can do this ;)
Thanks...when I go out to take pictures, I trying take pictures of different things and take pictures from different angles. I guess I could make a photo thread. I wish the mods would do like they do at UP which is to kinda create a thumbnail on photos so the page wont take so long to load, then you can click on the photos to see the larger picture. That idea should be passed along to the mods here. :)

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Thumbnails is a good idea, but I think it can be done here... just don't know how :( My suggestion was to create a more "permanent" repository of photos, where people can view ALL city photos. I am not sure I want a separate section, just a dedicated thread. You have done so much work that it would be unfair to "lose" all those threads due to expiration or inactivity. Which is why we created the Raleigh Photos thread :) So much good material!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts