SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
51-Story Residential Tower Planned at 11th & Olive

A presentation to the Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council's Planning and Land Use Management Committee offers a first look at a proposed mixed-use high-rise building at 11th and Olive Streets.
Mack Real Estate Development, the company behind the project, is seeking approvals to redevelop a surface parking lot at the southwest corner of the intersection with a 51-story residential tower. Plans call for 536 studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom dwellings above 4,178 square feet of ground-floor commercial space. Parking for 587 vehicles would be provided on six subterranean levels and three podium levels.
CallsonRTKL is designing the tower, which would rise to a sloping rooftop roughly 606 feet above ground level. Plans call for an exterior of glass and metal, with a large amenity deck placed atop the building's podium, and several smaller terraces located on its upper floors.
The tower would mask portions of its above-grade parking podium along Olive Street with habitable spaces and amenities. Along Margo Street - the alley to the east - a proposed mural would overlook the South Park Commons courtyard built by Mack Real Estate in 2019.

·
Registered
18,460 Posts
Pretty good building, especially that far south and with so many parking lots and worn out low-rise all around it.

·
Hirise Piping Man
842 Posts
is this part of the Mack urban plan that is all ready under way, with the final two towers ( this being one of them) all ready approved, to start soon after the hotel is completed, I agree, it's a nice tower, and at 606' tall should join nicely with the other planned towers in that immediate area,

·
3,750 Posts
It is! Here is the thread detailing the whole "Project on Pico" as it is known around here:

I've debated whether or not to merge this thread with that one, but I feel like the 51 and 60 story projects are big enough to warrant their own specific threads. Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
18,460 Posts
It is! Here is the thread detailing the whole "Project on Pico" as it is known around here:

I've debated whether or not to merge this thread with that one, but I feel like the 51 and 60 story projects are big enough to warrant their own specific threads. Any input appreciated!
Makes sense; they are substantial and have their own timelines.

I'm also glad to see that hotel demand is solid, which means people believe there is going to be a solid convention center or more businesses in the area.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Lovely tower. LA has really stepped it up!!
For quite unrelated/random tower fandom perspective:
Apart from the development pipeline, now maturing--
In exactly 5 years, Boston has approved (1) tower over 400'
that being Winthrop Square (691')
(sigh)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts