SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30-Story Apartment Tower Planned at 12th & Main

A family-owned real estate firm with significant holdings in the Downtown area has announced plans to redevelop a strip of commercial buildings at 12th and Main Streets with an apartment tower.
Yesterday, JADE Enterprises submitted an application to the Department of City Planning for the construction of a 30-story development at 1111-1161 S. Main Street. Plans call for 363 apartments - including one-, two-, and three-bedroom units - seated above a four-story podium featuring 12,500 square feet of retail and parking for 373 cars and 192 bicycles.
While current plans call for three levels of above-grade parking, the top floor of the garage is being designed with a 15-foot ceiling height to facilitate a future conversion to office space.
MVE + Partners is designing the proposed development, which places the tower at the middle of the site to reduce the total building mass and provide better solar orientation for a pool courtyard atop the podium. Plans also call for a rooftop deck featuring a second pool, as well as indoor lounge rooms.

·
Registered
18,451 Posts
Nice. One of those endless areas of single-story dilapidated fashion shops and parking lots, but sort of right in the middle of things (CC, Fashion Dist., the Olympic boom, etc.) as well.

Another little step to making LA Olympics friendly-in 9 years.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice. One of those endless areas of single-story dilapidated fashion shops and parking lots, but sort of right in the middle of things (CC, Fashion Dist., the Olympic boom, etc.) as well.

Another little step to making LA Olympics friendly-in 9 years.
I drove through that area for years on my way home from work and always thought that this was a huge missed opportunity for just this sort of thing. I think that this area is perfect for a few dozen of these. Seems to me a lot of those single story places are from an era long gone. The parking lots simply make for speedy development. I like this and the pointed roof (or are my eyes playing tricks on me?) and hope we see more of this in the area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts