SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts

Strange that Vista in Chicago at 1190 ft is considered 101 floors but this one at 1100+ feet is only 77. What gives? Given this and it being on Bunker Hill, this thing will without question take control of the LA skyline. Very Asian.

·
Registered Grommit
26 Posts
Sexy, but I don't know how to feel about the location, with that new Angel's Landing tower being right on DTLA's other "corner", if you will. Kinda wishing they did something on the other side of the freeway, but I'm not complaining. Would be d o p e if this gets built.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
I like it...but I'll like it more if it becomes reality.

So many proposals for downtown just now, makes me wonder what percentage will actually get built.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There is so much going on between the Olympics, World Cup, explosion of the Arts District, Hollywood, LAX, Inglewood, WeHo and a dozen other areas, that you can't keep track of it all.

DT alone has extensive midrise, stadiums, arenas, museums, media and art venues, convention center, hotels, etc. Even leaving aside the bunches of 50 stories plus towers DT is explosively growing.

I'm glad to be born, grew up, and living in the best metropolitan area in the Untied States. The Los Angeles metropolitan area, has so much going on now, and that list of public transportation expansions and urban development projects for other areas goes on forever. It has all of everything I wanted.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
...DTLA's been on a building streak for close to 15 years now, with a slowdown around 2008-2010, but building kept moving forward. Citywide, the construction can't even keep up with demand for housing. Downtown's 12% vacancy rate is the highest in the city by comparison (duh.. build luxury housing in a city where employers don't pay a luxury paycheck and fewer people are able to move in). But the entire city (including factoring downtown into the average) has less than a 3% vacancy rate. I don't see construction slowing down soon. Even in another market crash, construction and volume might slow down, but it won't stop. Maybe check with Vegas.

·
Registered
18,459 Posts
You have it reversed! haha

I banned the idiot so back to regularly scheduled programming
Glad you banned him. He isn't even creative in his trolling; just repeats the same b/s.

As for the topic, it would really be nice and revitalize a sterile area of DT if that whole area were to be subject to some planned makeover. One of the problems with big developments is that they try to pull you into their premises and away from the street.

·
Hirise Piping Man
842 Posts
about 15 years ago, i came up with a concept called ''Bunker Hill 2'' denoting a second phase to the original redevelopment started in 1966, in my concept, 4 sites, (2 of them adjacent to this proposal, the park office lowrise, to the north, and the world trade center site to the east) also in my proposal, a site on the eastern side of the bunker hill apartments, and the triangular site immediately north of the Bank of America tower, bounded by 3rd and 2nd st. flower and hope st. all of the towers in my concept are (in the order of the site discription) (2) 50 floor office, (1) 68 floor office, (1) 86 floor residential, and a 56 floor office, i quit working on the concept, before i came up with an outline for the hotel component, to be on the site of this proposal, but seeing this proposal assures me that at some point all the blocks on my proposal will be razed, and built to maximum zoning, at the moment, i would agree to this proposal being a bit overwhelming to the area, but who knows what the future holds for this area

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
Bunker Hill finally has proposed something surpassing the spire of the Wilshire Grand Center. Just wish this could be just a bit taller, though. No spires or antennas, please.

I did say on the Downtown Development News thread that I expected something "at least 350 meters" for the LA skyline, and the Wilshire Grand's spire is why the status of "Tallest Building in LA" is disputed right now, because the Library Tower still has a higher roof than Wishire Grand.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts