Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sorry if some of the buildings are off and the perspectives look weird :) i have limited renders and knowledge of locations so i did my best. 50 west street was actually done by lecom.

·
5,837 Posts
Goldman Sachs will still be topping out though.. what do you think happened at the site? Too many shards of glass falling, so they leave it as is like the hotel ryungyong?

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
I view these post-9/11 years as a sort of transition phase for NYC. So much of New York died when the Twin Towers collapsed. NYC is rebuilding and reinventing itself through its progressive architecture. We are witnessing the next generation of NYC being born as we speak.

·
5,837 Posts
I think 111 wash and 4 albany should be blocking out 20 exchange in the pic from that particular angle. The location they are in the rendering is where 5 wtc will be built if at all. Not to knock your photoshop it looks insane and I cannot wait to see all of that, you did a good job philvia.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes the 2 washington street ones are too far over, as is the nobu i think. i left goldman sachs the way it was because i never found and good renderings for the west side. and the impact is already felt in the skyline anyways

·
Registered
17 Posts
Eh it's very 'Canary Wharf-ish' in a way neither good nor bad and certainly glassy+tall but I must say it's still subpar without the signature 2 towers and maybe since they're on the same superblock they could match a little bit more...Not to crap on everyone's awe parade tho and thx for poppin up the render.

- S

·
Registered
39 Posts
NewYorkSteve I agree with you. I am sorry I just find it cluttered. Whenever I look at my wall and see the pre 9/11 poster (the one with the Brooklyn Bridge where you can see the twin towers) I like most of you think why...
But like someone else said, I guess that is a part of the changing NYC.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Eh it's very 'Canary Wharf-ish' in a way neither good nor bad and certainly glassy+tall but I must say it's still subpar without the signature 2 towers and maybe since they're on the same superblock they could match a little bit more...Not to crap on everyone's awe parade tho and thx for poppin up the render.

- S
Canary Wharf was designed after the WFC in Lower Manhattan. It was basically the UK's first skyscrapers (150 meters).I understand what you mean though, but this is the first and original Financial District. I call it the blueprint.

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
so in 5 years there'll be a bunch of buildings appearing and dissapearing as if by magic?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts