Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Downtown Residents Demand City Block Formula 1, Ultra
By TNM Staff on June 25, 2018

A cease and desist letter has bent sent to the City of Miami over Ultra Music Festival and plans to host Formula 1.

The letter was sent on behalf of 11 residents of 50 Biscayne and Epic. (Ultra was sold out in 2018 with a record-breaking attendance of 165,000, and attracted over 30 million online stream viewers).

https://www.thenextmiami.com/some-downtown-residents-demand-city-block-formula-1-ultra/

Please read their complaints in the link above.
(It's hilarious!)
They are complaining about "noise" in the heart of a major city!

:eek:hno:

:bash:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
^^ Marcvader:master: IS Correct, The Tequesta Indians made Louder noise at and every Night there at the some round Circle of LIFE , with Grills, and Cabanas, to keep out of the rain, also, Miami's Circle, across the Miami river from Epic, and 50 Biscayne Towers, LOL,. along the Miami River and danced around the Campfire, " Join the campfire Girls " :, : :hilarious:, :popcorn:
This was SPELLBOUND's favorite commercial, back in 1980 , LOL, :banana:
<LOL, I kill me, and This was over 2,000 Years ago, Before Christ, LOL, . :lol;:
The noise was there first.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
As soon as they find out how to make up the tax revenue the city will lose from Ultra then we should hear them out, until then... they can do the city a favor and make housing more affordable by opening some condo units up for sale (if you get my drift). ;)

Still if the city was smart they would use this an a negotiation chip with Ultra to extract more tax revenue from that "rich kid revenue generator". After all daddy's little UM student can certainly afford a $750 ticket if he can afford a $500 ticket (much less a private univ that charges as much as an ivy league school). ;)

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Ultra should stay but I can imagine the Formula 1 race being a pain for residents. I assume the track would be through city streets correct? Would it take a few days before and after to set it up and take it all down? It seems like it would be more of an issue than your typical street closing event like the corporate run or the marathon.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Formula 1 is just as important as Ultra if not more. A billion people watch these races worldwide so free marketing for the city and the crowd that goes to Formula 1 races is more affluent, hence more revenew for our hotels, restaurants, taxes etc...bring it!!!:cheers::banana:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
This track layout is really unobtrusive if you ask me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts