SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some pics I took when I came back home for Spring Break (most boring Spring Break I've had in a long time, no offense OKC) earlier this year. Sorry that I'm just now getting them up..I'm very lazy when it comes to uploading pics from my phone. I don't know where my really nice camera has ended up..haven't had it in a while, sorry for the quality..

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
Nice pics. Now I've been down there three or four times in the past two years and every time I'm in that part Bricktown these two buildings remain unchanged:

I feel like I know what projects they are but can't remember atm, do you know why they seem to be progressing so slow? Have they ceased operations there or what?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice pics. Now I've been down there three or four times in the past two years and every time I'm in that part Bricktown these two buildings remain unchanged:

I feel like I know what projects they are but can't remember atm, do you know why they seem to be progressing so slow? Have they ceased operations there or what?
Candy Factory is tall one, fully leased office building with some retail space and maybe a loft or two if they didn't decide to do full office instead. And the small pink one is the American Banjo Museum which is supposed to open pretty soon, they have a really nice new sign that was just installed

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, Ainsworth got rid of the lofts..Candy Factory will (sadly) be all office, but I'll take it. Getting the retail in there will be good, and I'll take any use for that building that brings it back up to high standards.

American Banjo Museum progress from yesterday..

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No prob, portyhead. You can see there's a lot of progress that Bricktown's been making in the last few months. Although the national recession has slowed new urbanist development around Downtown OKC, historic restorations have been chugging along at a rapid pace with several formerly abandoned buildings getting needed attention right now.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
Thanks Shane and SRG. I had no clue that's where the American Banjo Museum was going, now I do.

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
The one and only Jerry Jones...

Yep

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It's good to see OKC renovate older buildings and bring them back into commerce. This is so important in today's urban cities. I fully support renovating entirely in every city over demolishing and building new gleaming buildings. +1 for OKC.

·
devonian
135 Posts
good pictures srg. good job capturing some of the mid-day street life in bricktown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts