Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I was thinking about opening a thread about office space (occupancy/vacancy) but didn't think too many would comment. TBBJ quite often has articles about what's moving out of one building & what's moving into another and when occupancy rates are high, you start to wonder if it's time for at least one new tower. Since this thread has now started, should it be about DT/Westshore or the whole office market in the TB region?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I actually called the contact at Trammell Crow about the Southgate project status and if Syniverse was still in play,.

They were shocked at my request and acted as though I knew some secret. Do they think no one knows they are in talks with them about it?

Judging by the reaction I got, it seems plausible that they are at least talking.

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
I was thinking about opening a thread about office space (occupancy/vacancy) but didn't think too many would comment. TBBJ quite often has articles about what's moving out of one building & what's moving into another and when occupancy rates are high, you start to wonder if it's time for at least one new tower. Since this thread has now started, should it be about DT/Westshore or the whole office market in the TB region?
No, this thread should be about this topic.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually called the contact at Trammell Crow about the Southgate project status and if Syniverse was still in play,.

They were shocked at my request and acted as though I knew some secret. Do they think no one knows they are in talks with them about it?

Judging by the reaction I got, it seems plausible that they are at least talking.
Could be. The Biz Journal said they were in talks a few weeks ago and a deal like this has a lot to hammer out.

You should have played along though.

"It is ridiculous that this is leaking out? Who is doing it? Do you think it will effect the deal?" :lol:

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
It's already been in the papers. What's the big deal?

Most interesting was that the buildings in the best shape (and thus most comparable to new construction), have asking prices in the $26-30 range. That's finally getting high enough again to warrant new construction.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Could be. The Biz Journal said they were in talks a few weeks ago and a deal like this has a lot to hammer out.

You should have played along though.

"It is ridiculous that this is leaking out? Who is doing it? Do you think it will effect the deal?" :lol:
Leaks are always on purpose.

Sure they want to spike the punch and see if any other potential players are interested.

Often in business investments, people seem to jump off the cliff when everyone else does...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts