SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to Downtown White Plains,NY on Friday and took a bunch of photos....I also took a MNRR Harlem video on the way back through Westchester County , The Bronx and Manhattan. I was last in White Plains back in the Summer of 08 and must say it has changed , there are less parking lots and more buildings. On warmer days the city is usually more crowded , the day i went it was abit chilly. For a City of 58,000+ it sure has alot of Diversity in the architectural and cultural dept. The City has 2 Train stations , there is a busy regional airport nearby. A New East - West Railway will cut through the heart of Downtown all stations will be underground. The city has 2 Parkways and 2 Interstates , and numerous busy roads. Most streets are very walkable with sidewalks or paths. There are numerous parks in the city and few University's.

White Plains Station

~Corey

·
Registered
something-or-other
1,115 Posts
Always amazed at this mini-metropolis if I pass it on I-287. The blue angled 'scrapers went up several years ago. Just under 40 stories, these reflective things virtually disappeared into the sky when I was driving towards DT White Plains one bright, clear spring day a few years ago.

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pictures. That area in the first 10 or 11 pictures looks pretty nice and like i belongs in an even bigger city.
Its normally more busy , but it was such a cold icky day ppl stayed in. They plan on allowing 4 more High Rises in the Downtown and complete infill. There will be no open Parking lots by the end of the decade. It will all be garages and mixed use buildings. The same can be seen happening in Stamford , New Rochelle , Yonkers , Rahway , New Brunswick , Long Branch , and Peekskill. If your city has a Rail station then your getting some sort of infill.

Always amazed at this mini-metropolis if I pass it on I-287. The blue angled 'scrapers went up several years ago. Just under 40 stories, these reflective things virtually disappeared into the sky when I was driving towards DT White Plains one bright, clear spring day a few years ago.
The Blue Skyscrapers were completed back in 2007. On a foggy day , they disappear into the clouds...... If you blink on I-287 you'll miss the skyline , it comes up fast. The New Railway will be underground so you won't even see anything.....such a shame. On the Current MNRR Harlem line , the city comes out of nowhere. Theres a curve , some trees and a hill , then Bam a city. Then after you leave the station you go back into the burbs...

·
Registered
801 Posts
Great photos. thanks.

Does anyone know how tall the tallest building in White Plains is (the 44 story Three Renaissance Square building housing the Ritz Carlton)?

I can't seem to find an exact height listed anywhere. I'm guessing somewhere between 500 and 600 feet.

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great photos. thanks.

Does anyone know how tall the tallest building in White Plains is (the 44 story Three Renaissance Square building housing the Ritz Carlton)?

I can't seem to find an exact height listed anywhere. I'm guessing somewhere between 500 and 600 feet.
I'm not sure , but probably 400-500ft. There are a few more towns planned next to the train station and those open parking lots.... Once the East - West Underground Light Rail line is completed that area should boom....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts