SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Петарве&
249 Posts
Албанско приморје је идентично турском. Стил архитектуре, јавне површине, путна инфраструктура, дизајн улица и тротоара, само констатујем.
Све у свему, иако ми се не допада тај стил уређења града, Драч не изгледа лоше, све је на свом месту.

·
Registered
20,166 Posts
Албанско приморје је идентично турском. Стил архитектуре, јавне површине, путна инфраструктура, дизајн улица и тротоара, само констатујем.
Све у свему, иако ми се не допада тај стил уређења града, Драч не изгледа лоше, све је на свом месту.
Neither Albania nor Durrës have nothing in common with Turkey!!!.

The architecture is very similar to that of Italian cities and almost everyone who visits the city shares this opinion. This is the first time I hear of a comparison as absurd as yours :nuts:.

Durres is a unique and beautiful city :cheers:.

·
Петарве&
249 Posts
Neither Albania nor Durrës have nothing in common with Turkey!!!.

The architecture is very similar to that of Italian cities and almost everyone who visits the city shares this opinion. This is the first time I hear of a comparison as absurd as yours :nuts:.

Durres is a unique and beautiful city :cheers:.
Both Albania and Drač have a lot in common with Turkey. Albania also has a lot in common with Italy, Greece and other mediterranean countries. I don't know why you took that as an insult, Turkey has a pretty, organised, well maintained coast.
I've been to all the countries I've mentioned Greece, Italy and Turkey, and Albania has a sort of Turkey feel and vibe.
To summerize I think Drač is a lovely city and I've heard many positive things about it, and I would like to visit this city one day.

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both Albania and Drač have a lot in common with Turkey. Albania also has a lot in common with Italy, Greece and other mediterranean countries. I don't know why you took that as an insult, Turkey has a pretty, organised, well maintained coast.
I've been to all the countries I've mentioned Greece, Italy and Turkey, and Albania has a sort of Turkey feel and vibe.
To summerize I think Drač is a lovely city and I've heard many positive things about it, and I would like to visit this city one day.
Interesting take. I havent been to either Italy, Greece, nor Turkey so I wouldn't be able to comment but I wouldnt be surprised if Durres shares similarities with all those places.

As for Durres, it does have some good parts but also has some issues, just like other ballkan cities do. In future posts I'll post some of the not so great areas of the city. All in all there have been some positive developments with coastal cities to try and bring in as many tourists as possible.

·
Pse Jo??
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As promissed, some of the not so good developments in Durres:

To me the most mind-boggling issue is the preservation of important historic sites. Here is a city that aspires to be a destination for tourists yet does nothing to first identify and then protect these immensely valuable historical sites.

Point in case, here is a building that covers ancient ruins. Who ever issued a building permit for this eyesore should be serving time if it were up to me.

Durres Amphitheater:
Among the biggest amphitheaters of the Roman era, is littered with illegal buildings around it as well as inside it. While these buildings were built during turbulent times in Albania, there have been no steps taken to remove them, excavate the site properly and present it for the jewel that it is.

Here, these newly found ruins are impeding the completion of a project that the city is trying to complete and are being viewed as a major inconvenience :eek:hno:
The case is before courts and the civil society is fighting hard to prevent the completion of this project meanwhile the city is not waiting for the result of the court procedure and are pushing through with their project.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts