SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is to post skyscrapers that you think would be really good in Birmingham.

This is the Torre Mayor in Mexico City - it reminds me of an electric shaver, but i really like its shape and think it would look really good in Brum. It is kind of similar to BST and HCT in terms of the glass curve, but i love the top!

It is 225 metres tall (738ft)

G

·
Canada Trust Tower - 263m - Toronto

Look - I swear thats a future Birmingham skyline render, doesnt the Pinnacle look splendid :hahaha:

·
Registered
968 Posts

I know its never ever going to happen in this city but I'd really love a slightly smaller version of the 950m tall/189 floor Burj Dubai Skyscraper, currently u/c with a completion date of early 2009 :eek2:

I have a sneaking suspicion the CAA might have something to say about it though :)

·
Stel
1,611 Posts
the torre mayor is a great tower and would fit in well on the brum skyline, not a fan of bundle tube structures, they look so old and awkward, no elegance.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
I quite like this proposed Manchester one:

No idea if they're building it

[pointless/childish Manchester baiting]
Doubt it, as it's not a square box
[/pointless/childish Manchester baiting]

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
^^That reminds me of an hotel in London that has just been done up to give that curved frontage...

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
It's quite cool - nice curves - fits well with what Brum is doing, and looks quite retro :)

If you showed me that and said which city? I think I'd guess Sheffield.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Messeturm, Frankfurt.

Frankfurt's Messeturm could be a realistic option for Arena Central? A sturdy looking building.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts