Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
a.k.a. The King Arthur
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dreiliņi is located in the east of Riga - east of Purvciems and north east of Pļavnieki.
Since the early 1990ties all this district stood with more then 10 unfinished buildings. Since last year the construction has restarted and this is how it looks now.

First street in the new district

Still under construction

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,938 Posts
Nice I guess. But you if you are taking photos why don`t you do it in the old Riga? I mean this isn`t really an idea people get when you say Riga, more like beautiful Art Nouveau buildings on UNESCO heritage list. :)

btw is it usual that commieblocks in Riga re surrounded with nothing?

·
a.k.a. The King Arthur
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pics of Old Riga because there are already too many of them and most people think that all Riga looks like that ... I myself don`t like taking pics of Oldriga ... the suburbs are my thing ... I want to show the real Riga not just the center ... "Why just look at the box, when you can look inside it".

Actually Dreiliņi are just like that cuz they were built in the middle of a big field ... there were plans of making the disctrict biger and so combine them with other districts but the plans ended with the soviet union.

·
a.k.a. The King Arthur
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But it`s better then a ghost district where countless drug addicted were getting high countless people were injured either falling down from somewhere (I remember that one kid fell down from the roof of a 9 storied building there) or something fell down on them.

More then 15 years all the buildings here looked like this:

Now is that better? Or the finished buildings are better?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts