SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Urban Dave said:
Speak and show your pictures made by you DSLR!!! Discuss about lenses and any other thing here! (Canon users Wellcome! :rofl: )

I want to share with all of you that finally I got a great WIDE angle! The Tokina 12-24 mm. I hope I would take amazing pictures of skyscrapers with it! :D

The PhantoM reporting . I've got a canon Digital Rebel, i'll share my pics later. BTW your pics don't work

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
My two attempts in playing around with DOF? :D

This one was taken later in the day...

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
:D

Aperture range of my lens? 3.5-6.3. Anyway, here is are the details for both photos:

First one:
Aperture: 6.3
Shuttle: 1/40
Focal length: 200mm
ISO: 200

Second one:
Aperture: 5
Shuttle: 1/6
Focal length: 60mm
ISO: 400

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Nah....I am not into extensive portrait shots to invest in such a lens. :D

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Six days ago, I just bought my first DSLR camera, a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5, 5.0 MP and x12 optical zoom. Also a 512 MB SD Card.

I am a absolute beginers, so I have no idea at all how to use in the manual mode, but I remember that the aperture was up to 8.0 :lol:

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
What's the best way to take night pictures of stationary objects (with tripod), like skyline; leave it all to the camera's "night schenery" mode (ISO 80, flash Off, 8 sec exposure time) or should I program manually the camera?

My camera has also a TIF mode. Do I really benefit in pic quality (image size apart) if I record the images in this format?

1 - 20 of 506 Posts