Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ... it's a common topic but I'm in need of some help

I'm looking to buy a new DSLR, but which one!?

Anything over 8mp ... price 1500+

On another note, how do you stop grain appearing on night photos / low light?

I'm heading off to Cambodia soon and I would like to get some good pictures of the temples at dawn, how to do so with no grain etc?

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
Over 1500, hmm...the Canon EOS350D or the Nikon D70s will be a good choice......if u wan something in the range or 2500++, then Canon E0S 30D or Nikon D200......:yes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking about the canon 350d or the nikon d70s. From what I read, everyone says the canon is better. Do people agree here?

Some people here take wonderful photographs at night, with no grain, and almost perfect exposure. What camera are you guys using?

·
arkitect
1,326 Posts
PJCCUK said:
i was thinking about the canon 350d or the nikon d70s. From what I read, everyone says the canon is better. Do people agree here?
On what basis? Too many people have too many opinions nowadays and they are based on absolutely nothing most of the time. I never bother reading them, its useless. Eventually, you have to trust your instincts and try out both systems at the shops.

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
Kit said:
On what basis? Too many people have too many opinions nowadays and they are based on absolutely nothing most of the time. I never bother reading them, its useless. Eventually, you have to trust your instincts and try out both systems at the shops.
I agree with Kit.....I think you have to go try out the 2 cameras yourself.....actually both camera are on par.....the photographer is also important.....:D

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
PJCCUK said:

Some people here take wonderful photographs at night, with no grain, and almost perfect exposure. What camera are you guys using?
Perhaps can change the "some people" to "some forumers"....."Some people" sounds quite negative......I use it when I want to be sarcastic with my class.....:lol:

·
3,636 Posts
I got a friend in La Reunion who bought the Olympus E1 on the basis that its body is splash-proof, dust-proof and supposed to last 150,000 shots.
Personally I'm more the Canon guy but I think he got a point, that's something you may want to consider when buying an expensive camera in a location with a climate such as Singapore's :)

·
arkitect
1,326 Posts
The reason why the E1 claimed to be dust proof and splash proof is because it didn't used detachable lenses, which defeats the whole purpose of being an SLR really if you asked me.

·
3,636 Posts
Kit said:
The reason why the E1 claimed to be dust proof and splash proof is because it didn't used detachable lenses, which defeats the whole purpose of being an SLR really if you asked me.
Seriously ?
Huh, it sounds a bit dumb indeed... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.