Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Serengeti
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to believetz who has brought this to our attention. This deserves an independent thread for easier tracking.

Regional rensurer Tan-Re has embarked on a project to construct an ultra-modern office block for its new office premises.
The 15 storey building known as TAN-RE Square will be located on Longido Street , Upanga in Dar es salaam .
The building ,one of a kind will no doubt change the skyline of Upanga Area.

Construction is expected to commence in the second half of year 2012 and is expected to be completed early of year 2014.
China Railway Jianchan Engineering (CRJE) will undertake the construction after emerging the successful bidder from a list of 18 construction companies.
Below, Mr Rajab Kakusa TAN-RE CEO (on the right) shaking hands with a representative CRJE signaling signing of the agreement.

Source: http://www.tan-re.co.tz/tanre_construct_block.php

·
Registered
3 Posts
tanzan said:
Thanks to believetz who has brought this to our attention. This deserves an independent thread for easier tracking.

Regional rensurer Tan-Re has embarked on a project to construct an ultra-modern office block for its new office premises.
The 15 storey building known as TAN-RE Square will be located on Longido Street , Upanga in Dar es salaam .
The building ,one of a kind will no doubt change the skyline of Upanga Area.

Construction is expected to commence in the second half of year 2012 and is expected to be completed early of year 2014.
China Railway Jianchan Engineering (CRJE) will undertake the construction after emerging the successful bidder from a list of 18 construction companies.
Below, Mr Rajab Kakusa TAN-RE CEO (on the right) shaking hands with a representative CRJE signaling signing of the agreement.

Source: http://www.tan-re.co.tz/tanre_construct_block.php
Thanks Tanzan, any idea who the consultants for this project are??

·
Registered
17 Posts
In this case I agree with Mwinyi, it doesn't look like one building, too many concepts in one structure, this is not attractive.
My exact thought when i saw it. Too much unnecessary stuff going on.

I guess the concept of minimalism has yet to reach our shores.

The building is ugly but as usual no matter how ugly it is the cheerleaders will come out in full force. It's a tall building so it must be beautiful lol! ... some of you guys really need to get out of TZ and see what other countries are doing.

·
Banned
843 Posts
My exact thought when i saw it. Too much unnecessary stuff going on.

I guess the concept of minimalism has yet to reach our shores.

The building is ugly but as usual no matter how ugly it is the cheerleaders will come out in full force. It's a tall building so it must be beautiful lol! ... some of you guys really need to get out of TZ and see what other countries are doing.
STFU dude., everybody has his/her different opinion. If you cant see that then u are a dumbass.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[/B][/U]

Please don't embarrass yourself...^^
Lol, Really! You are not embarrassed by your poor taste?

STFU dude., everybody has his/her different opinion. If you cant see that then u are a dumbass.
Opinion my ass, post a picture of this building on any international site and 90% of people will tell you the same thing. Mind you probably for different reasons. However the building is damn ugly and if you can't see that then you obviously have poor taste and cannot be taken seriously. I'm as patriotic as the next man but facts are facts and the fact is no matter how many names you call me the building is ugly.

lol! right on time! The reason this country has not reached it's potential is because of people like you guys. You are happy to wallow in failure and mediocrity in a misguided attempt to appear patriotic. If you demanded better we would get better. Look at our Olympic team, every four years it's the same results and the same excuses, nobody is held accountable, nobody is fired and nobody demands a serious explanation as to why the Kenyans, Ugandans, Rwandese, Burundians, Ethiopians etc manage to do better than us. Every four years Tanzanians just accept it and "hope" for better results next time. As if hope is what wins Olympic Medals. You can hope all you want but the reality is the building is ugly and most of the buildings in Tanzania will continue to be ugly unless we demand better.

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
Lol, Really! You are not embarrassed by your poor taste?

Opinion my ass, post a picture of this building on any international site and 90% of people will tell you the same thing. Mind you probably for different reasons. However the building is damn ugly and if you can't see that then you obviously have poor taste and cannot be taken seriously. I'm as patriotic as the next man but facts are facts and the fact is no matter how many names you call me the building is ugly.
lol! right on time! The reason this country has not reached it's potential is because of people like you guys. You are happy to wallow in failure and mediocrity in a misguided attempt to appear patriotic. If you demanded better we would get better. Look at our Olympic team, every four years it's the same results and the same excuses, nobody is held accountable, nobody is fired and nobody demands a serious explanation as to why the Kenyans, Ugandans, Rwandese, Burundians, Ethiopians etc manage to do better than us. Every four years Tanzanians just accept it and "hope" for better results next time. As if hope is what wins Olympic Medals. You can hope all you want but the reality is the building is ugly and most of the buildings in Tanzania will continue to be ugly unless we demand better.

·
Banned
843 Posts
smfh..soul rebel: im gonna try put some fkn sense into ya head. Meaning of opinion--'what a person thinks or believes', so u saying the building is ugly is ya opinion and u can shove it in ya ass as u wished. See that just proves how dumb u are hahaha. I dont have to measure ya patriotic level bse i aint got the time nor the means or do u have a standard measure for TZ patriotism? Haha if not then thats an irrelevant topic u brought up.
Speaking of comparing difft unrelated topics-apples to oranges classic, why do u compare the olympics to this building? The olympics team is the responsibility of ministry of sports while this building is certainly privately funded, ya tax paying money aint paying shit, keep ya emotions to yaself, u ddnt help them shit..and plz get another example to illustrate ya point. Lastly, dont act all mr top critical just bse u think u have travelled the whole world and seen buildings from idk Mars! We all have seen best projects out there, u aint the first nor last.

·
Registered
17 Posts
smfh..soul rebel: im gonna try put some fkn sense into ya head. Meaning of opinion--'what a person thinks or believes', so u saying the building is ugly is ya opinion and u can shove it in ya ass as u wished. See that just proves how dumb u are hahaha. I dont have to measure ya patriotic level bse i aint got the time nor the means or do u have a standard measure for TZ patriotism? Haha if not then thats an irrelevant topic u brought up.
Speaking of comparing difft unrelated topics-apples to oranges classic, why do u compare the olympics to this building? The olympics team is the responsibility of ministry of sports while this building is certainly privately funded, ya tax paying money aint paying shit, keep ya emotions to yaself, u ddnt help them shit..and plz get another example to illustrate ya point. Lastly, dont act all mr top critical just bse u think u have travelled the whole world and seen buildings from idk Mars! We all have seen best projects out there, u aint the first nor last.

lol! Who's getting emotional? Who is it who can't take criticism without resorting to foul language? Have you seen even one post where i have used foul language or insulted someones mother? I'll go ahead and answer my own question in case you have problems understanding it. No!

Now try to follow what i'm about to say. (I will try and make it as simple as possible for your little pea brain). The comparison between the Olympics and the buildings is a conceptual comparison of the mentality of Tanzanians. Of course they are unrelated it's a metaphor for gods sake. What is it you don't understand? Do i have to spell it out for you?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts