Skyscraper City Forum banner

Dual Towers, Manama

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
3,636 Posts
The asymmetric twin towers work against each other I find. From about every angle, there's no harmony between the two of them. The strait side's design is pretentious and top-heavy while the rounded side has those gashes and the poorly integrated podium that waste the intended effect. The isolated location doesn't work well since they are really shouting for attention. They are not really ugly, partly thanks to the good facade materials but I think nowhere near a landmark design.
By night they look ok.
5/10.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The asymmetric twin towers work against each other I find. From about every angle, there's no harmony between the two of them. The strait side's design is pretentious and top-heavy while the rounded side has those gashes and the poorly integrated podium that waste the intended effect. The isolated location doesn't work well since they are really shouting for attention. They are not really ugly, partly thanks to the good facade materials but I think nowhere near a landmark design.
By night they look ok.
5/10.
I agree. The only angle that they look good from is that of where the night photo was taken and even then there is too much gap in between them compared to the width of the towers. The cladding is dull and IMO overall they are quite ugly. They do look better at night though.

4.5/10

Also, why is the location special? I can't see from the picture.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts