SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1061 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are some pictures of dubai international airport.....enjoy.....

Dubai Duty Free from above

at Night

The New Concourse 2 should be ready by end of 2006

Terminal 3 which will be completely Underground

·
Registered
634 Posts
It is indeed a nice airport however its standards are dropping alarmingly. When it first opened, the only complaints were the long walks that passengers had to take in order to get to the main concourse and subsequently to the gate. Thats a rather silly complaint in my opinion because you have to walk a long way in all major international airports.

However now ... for some reason there are problems with the A/C the atmosphere inside the concourse can get a bit muggy and hot ... which isnt very pleasant. Toilets and their conditions is a major problem. There is an utter lack of seating for economy class passengers ... you have people lying or sitting on the floor right across the concourse and this is not the best of sites to see really. THere are also major staff problems ... the Duty Free staff are on the whole rude and the Security, passport control etc personnell are intolerably rude.

Anyway ill end my rant there !

·
Registered
579 Posts
TOWERCITY2005 said:
The New Concourse 2 should be ready by end of 2006

I've actually been told by a Dubai forumer that this concourse is built such that it can be literally "moved" to the new Jebel Ali Int'l Airport someday, which is the airport that'll eventually replace the current Dubai Int'l. COOL!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
99,137 Posts
by Brian McMorrow

Emirates' new A380 Terminal at Dubai will be able to handle 25 A380s simultaneously

·
POUND THE ALARM!!!
397 Posts
Do you have any images on how it looks like now from the exterior?

·
Non-Paying Member
1,007 Posts
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm said:
I've actually been told by a Dubai forumer that this concourse is built such that it can be literally "moved" to the new Jebel Ali Int'l Airport someday, which is the airport that'll eventually replace the current Dubai Int'l. COOL!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious
Thats called pulling your b*lls
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

·
Registered
579 Posts
^ Actually I believe this one, because they're investing U.S. $4 Billion in this current airport while its replacement is breaking ground. It would make sense to build a satellite concourse that can be moved to the new site once needed. :)

·
Non-Paying Member
1,007 Posts
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm said:
^ Actually I believe this one, because they're investing U.S. $4 Billion in this current airport while its replacement is breaking ground. It would make sense to build a satellite concourse that can be moved to the new site once needed. :)
Thats how much its going to cost to keep the terminal in one piece, the $4b is not for the terminal alone but for the expansion of the whole airport that includes the building of a road tunnel under the entire airport.
Much of the new concourse is underground, unlike the present where baggage/ immigration is handled in a seperate landside building linked by a tunnel to the existing satellite, it will all be done underground eliminating the need for a ling tunnel walk.
I would gladly eat my shorts if they are indeed able to shift the whole concourse by over 30 Km :cheers:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
nazrey said:
by Brian McMorrow

Emirates' new A380 Terminal at Dubai will be able to handle 25 A380s simultaneously

looks similar to the new miami terminal

1 - 20 of 1061 Posts