Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
i reckon after concrete has topped out at lev155, the rest of the tower will catch up so that all concrete is done.
Then the next half a dozen floors which are steel frame concrete floor will be next phase which will reach lev162 or 624m high. It may stay at this height for a while. so it will be just under tallest structure for a tease.
Then the next 4 tiers are each 19m high and consist of 3x 6m high levels will be erected, which will reach tier22 or 701m. This is highest main roof.
then onto 2 more 19m high tiers (23 & 24) reaching tier 24 or 739m.
Then 3x 10m high tiers which all have 3m high levels topping out at tier27/768m.
I also think the pinnacle will be constructed in these levels and hoisted up in sections to telescope to 818m or thereabouts. my theory.lol

Above lev155 or top of concrete section, the steel section will rise 232 more metres. or equvilent to adding park Place on top!

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
great imre. really appareciated.
so two more floors to go before concrete tops out? excellent. i predicted nov early this year, so pretty close. glazing looks good. going on fast

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
just looks like a mezzanine level within that level. could be a small restaurant of observation over the floor. cute

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
155floors or 579m!! or 1900ft!!!

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
^i wonder if this means a higher spire was planned (833m or even 850m) and now they are finnaly settling for 818m or even 808m? hopefully it doesnt mean lower then 800m.
thanks

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
just incredible images. doesnt look from the world?

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
wow, thanks imre.
looks like 1 more floor to go for concrete section. i count 155 in formwork. cladding is unreal
this tower is simply stunning.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
diagram update

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
If the highest section of the spire is 1.2m in diameter (thanks for the fantastic diagram Culwulla)they could have a ladder inside with a glass dome or cone on top....well....why not get to the very top if you can!:banana:
yes they have a ladder with access all the way to top of spire. It has a hatch and safety ring where maintenance guy can change aircraft beacon @ 818m up.

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
^yes the Burj Dubai floor network is very complicated. some floors are missed while others have mezzanines. Above 156 there are 9 floors with lev160 quoted as 160, 160mezz 1, 160 mezz 2, 160 mezz 3. thus 4 floors but same floor number. then you have about 30 floors above this which arent even counted because there not habitable.

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
^its higher then any skyscraper and worlds tallest self-supported structure. also tallest concrete structure.
It has to be officially opened to achive worlds tallest status.

yes, what hollie maea said.
pretty sure it has to consist of concrete floors, air cond, electircity ect.
phillybud- its actor James Caviezel

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
Originally Posted by THE DUBAI GUYS
they shuld have said concrete peak...

Burj Dubai nearly at its peak

by ArabianBusiness.com staff writer on Saturday, 20 October 2007

The ‘topping out' of the Burj Dubai is expected to take place at the end of October. According to Geir Jensen, general manager of Doka Gulf, who are undertaking the formwork for the project, the company expects to finish the concrete works on the world's tallest tower by 24 October, paving the way for the steel work.

"We will top out with concrete within ten days," said Jensen.

Once this is complete, Doka Gulf will concentrate on completing the side aspects of the tower, the tapering nature of which will act as wind breaks.

Jensen added that the tower will reach a height of 585.75 metres once the concrete work has been completed.

But as the core starts 15.75 metres below ground level, the total height of the concrete structure will be 601 metres. The Burj Dubai will have 156 floors by the time it is finished, which is expected at the end of next year.

Malaysia's Eversendai Corporation recently won the $14.7 million contract from Samsung Corporation for the structural steelworks.

The company will require more than 4,000 tonnes of steel for the work.

The final height of the tower has not been disclosed by developer Emaar Properties. However, it is widely believed it will be more than 700 metres.

In September, the Burj Dubai surpassed Toronto's CN Tower to become the tallest free-standing structure in the world.

-------------------------------------
great stuff. so 601m above foundation! quite a feat.
so the 818m height = 833m if you include foundation.
i know alot of engineers who will go with the 833m height more so then 818m. This is where BurjDubai begins.
but im happy with 818m above grd.
This is going fine guys, cant complain about its speed since it started. really.
I dont want it to be finished just yet. This is history and we should be soaking it all in.
before you know its finished and we will be gripeing over anther tower.
I think its great it will stay at lev156 for a while so all concrete floor plates can catch up.
next year the steel will start and this will be an amAzing time watching it slowly reach into heights never before seen.
patience guys.
for those who want to know CURRENT HEIGHT its lev155 or 582.5m. just lev155mezz floor to go as article says.
cheers

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
^yes its very misleading. lots of people are gonna think its topped out. but little do they realize its just the concrete section. still a substantal part of the tower to go being another 200m high!

here is an amended diagram showing the 3 levels BELOW GRD which = 15.75m. then the 3.7m think slab! and 50m deep piles.
If you include depth below grd of piles reach (70m) and planned 818m pinnacle height, thus total = 888m! (2912ft).

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
^you can see on diagram. lev162 or 624m. this is why its called highest floor. above that its stairs baby.

close up of steel section
i hope this clears things up for most. The drawing is most accurate going off actual latest plans.
I might start updating this drawing as well.I think we area all familiar with bottom 600m

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
yeah, just think that balconie is 326m above lev124 observation deck. or a whole Eiffel tower.

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
the pinnacle will be built inside spire structure and jacked up into place.
It will be jacked up from tier19 level or 643m height or 3 levels above 162nd floor.

this may give you better idea
The pinnacle starts about where blue crane cabin is located)

the pinnacles eventual base will be located at tier20B/676m
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9245/burjdubaielevationbestsug4.jpg

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
top of pinnacle plan
as you can see the top of pinnacle is only 1.2m/4ft diametre with small 750mm hatch.
Interesting how there is a 1.5m/5ft ring around the top which is 800mm high.

tier27-30/ elevation

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
sorry fury, should have credited you. i forgot who originally posted them.
such great floor plates.

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
The thing with the mighty Burj Dubai is there are many levels to reach.
#the highest official occupied floor in BD will be lev155mezz or 583m.
but there are a few levels above all the way to lev162 /624m which will be occupied by communication technicians.
then you will have plant maintenace guys which can access the next 11 floors to reach roof no4 @ tier22 or 701m high!
above this are 20 more platform levels which are reached by ladder, the highest of all these is the tier 27 or 768m high. This balcony area is only 1mx2m.("heavens gate")
then above this is the pinnacle which has internal ladder all the way to 818m.
I think highest floor or roof of Chicagos SPIRE is approx 600m.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9245/burjdubaielevationbestsug4.jpg

·
Registered
78,258 Posts
beyond1000- Burj Dubais pinnacle is unusual in the way that it isnt tacked on the roof like most but it starts way below the roof at tier20B or 676m level. which makes its total length of 142m. As it gets built it gets jacked up or telescoped to 50m above highest emclosed part of BD (tier27).So its hard to say the spire is 50m high.
In reality ,the section above lev162 is called "spire" , so if you wanted to take off the spire/pinnacle or architectural feature from the BD, its height would be 624m.

1 - 20 of 828 Posts