1 - 20 of 565 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
^^ yeup, but it wouldnt be the tallest ever in man kind history just yet

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
^^ it's 701m, from the 818m plans. at 609 meters that will be the tip of the building so that wont be the highest occupied floor.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
how much sqft do u think there will be at 701m

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
true, but if u were to take out the actaul spire. the steel section which is the maine part. would still be there. and that height which is 768m would be the actaul tip of the maine structure. not 624

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
^^ i think it's becasue of the steel frame that's all around the tower is in the way. so it may take a while befor they move it then replace it with windows or those might be actual mech's themself

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Good eye, they are certainly doing something in the way of cladding those mechanical floors. It'll be interesting to see what they do there.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Armani: Jewel Of Burj Dubai

The design was rather simple. Clean cut, straight lines with soft grey furnishings and soft black leather walls dominated the apartment.

This is Armani’s signature apartment at the world’s tallest building, Burj Dubai.

The press preview on Sunday took reporters through sturdy floors made from black marble, which gave a dark feel to the room. But this was complemented with soft yellow lighting which added a touch of warmth to the whole apartment.

A soft grey, rather large sofa dominated the living room and faced the neatly organised entertainment system.

The kitchen also struck as simple yet practical, with large appliances neatly tucked away behind cupboards, hidden away from the naked eye.

Again the relaxing lighting complemented the light grey cupboards and the walls.

The bedrooms are located at the left and right of the living room. Each bedroom contains a good sized en-suite bathroom with marble cream floors, and accessories which also match the soft grey coloring of the living room.

When entering the bedrooms, the double bed, placed in the centre, dominates the area and faces a state-of-the-art system with a flat-screen TV and all that comes with it.

A walk in closet graced with vintage Armani clothing and shoes greeted visitors.

The room also offered spectacular views of the balcony which faces a massive lake filled with fountains, walking bridges, the Dubai Mall, and the Arab and Italian architectures of various future projects and buildings around the Burj Dubai.

The whole apartment is filled with black marble flooring and soft grey leather walls, which gives it a somewhat masculine feel.

This apartment is certainly not for the claustrophobic with the dark colours and tight knit surroundings.

Although the design is clear cut, one can’t help but feel you are in a maze. Doors and entries are not clear and it is not for those who like bright colours and airy surroundings. It is defiantly a flat for the metropolitan bachelor.

However, one can’t help falling in love with the overall aura and feel of the flat.

It exudes elegance, relaxation, and serenity. It almost automatically makes you relax and feel at ease. The soft, warm lighting relaxes you and the apartment makes you feel like you are in another time, almost in the future.

It is not cluttered in anyway but has just the right amount of furniture in just the right space. The small space has been used wisely.

Ahmed Al Matrooshi, managing director Emaar Properties said: “You are not just buying a flat. You are buying a lifestyle, all the items have been selected by Giorgio Armani himself.”

The Armani Residences will be located between the 9-16 floors, offering spectacular views.

There will be 144 one- and two-bedroom private residences. The total area per unit will vary between 100 and 200 square metres. Residents will have access to hotel assistance services including 24-hour room service, housekeeping, library, spa, gym and swimming pool.

http://www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20003918.html

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
i've been looking at the Burj Dubai core, since tier 18 starts at 624m. if they can keep going with tier 18 to were tier 20 start's the tower won't be really that skinny at that height. what do you guys think ?. i've edit tier 18 so it goes all the way to tier 21

here's Tier 22, highest Ocuppied floor

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
^^ i think it's because of the steel frame that's all around the tower is in the way. so it may take a while befor they move it then replace it with windows or those might be actual mech's themself

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I would not want to be up in Burj Dubai to see how safe it is when a wide body 767 hits it at 500mph. I bet there is not a single supertall on the planet that would do any better than the WTC.
the Burj Dubai wouldn't collapse like the wtc.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
No, there is no sign of the steel structure starting and Greg Sang, the Project Manager for EMAAR actually said that the reported topping of the concrete part is not true and they aren't done yet, so the increase to 159 floors of concrete might be true indeed.
i dont want to sound like an asshole, but were did you hear that from ?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
some resources say that, and also it's mention in CULWULLA's diagram. but as of right now there's 164

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yeup. you know i was thinking, the Burj Dubai's emaar site has a pic of the old design. well why havent they just change it to the current design. unless there something we dont know.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Burj Dubais official floor count will be 162 floors.
and yes there are over 40 "levels" above this which are inhabitable ,thus not included in count which i reckon is wrong.
I mean these levels are enclosed and accessible by stairs?
so if someone asked me how tall Burj Dubai is, i would say 205 floors.
but what get's me is, Tier 22 is were the highest occupied floor level . so it would be taller then 162. technecly that should be the last occupied floor level. and we are going with the 818m plans so it should be more then 162

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Emaaar have not changed anything from day 1, the masterplan and exhibited models have not changed but the actual layout in the area has.

Dont expect any changes as its pretty poor stuff without any admin ownership from most of the web sites here.
so what you are saying is, it was 800m+ since day 1

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
the tip of the crane is approx 640m!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
^^ it's not going to happen. so get that out of your mind

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hi all.

While I hope like all of us that they have made a change to the plan ( for the taller ) I think it is premature. I think even Emaar official site saying 156 has jumped the gun. I believe the 1/2 of the form jumped up to level 155 Mezz.

See this - You make your own decision.

:cheers:
that pic is old. that's why it doesnt show level 156

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hey Helghast.

When you collect as many pics as I do you can tell me what is what - OK :eek:hno:. The pic I used is from Oct 25.

The tower hasn't risen since before Oct 21.
so your saying it's not possable for it to rise from the 25 to the 31. that's 6DAYS. it had to rise higher

1 - 20 of 565 Posts