SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 621 Posts

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
The last and highest crane planned look really risky, its distance from the tower makes it look even more freaky. BTW someone tell me how many occupiable steel floors there are...

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
nice shots ZZ-ll the tower looking more like it should with more cladding.
But I just can't imagine mile high tower being twice high as this.
Question: on 1st and 2nd photo, there's line of gap in cladding above 4th mechanical floor. Is this because of elevator path?

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
Yeah Shanghai world financial centre in Shanghai has refuge room every 15 floors or so. This is fireproof floor and windows can be opened freely there. The Big Bigger Biggest was a stunning programme, although at the end the answer to the question would be, the mile high tower.

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
Question: it was said that after all the structural concrete was used on the tower, as steel work on top begins, no more concrete will be used.

but after steel work began:

few months later:

more concrete added. (looks like they'll have to add more concrete when cranes come down, they left out space for crane's position.)

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
Time for cranes tro rise again.

As the tower bends in different directions by wind, apparently the floors tower is bending towards shrinks in height as much as 10cms and the floor on the other side would be stretched as much as 3 cms.

(what are the main uses of the steel floors?)

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
At the bottom of the tower progress: (both from this month)

to

These floors at the bottom, are they mechanical floors?

BTW, is this Al Burj fake or real ???

Does look really similar to initial Al burj design to be fake, but the website says its a fake render.

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
The MHT does seem very extreme and ahead of our time, but its progressing with engineering consultants and architects. Al-Waleed bin Talal, the investor in this project says he's ready for this project and the sunday times newspaper from london says the tower 'will be built'. In my opinion even if the tower will turn out to be a fisaco,
Al-Waleed bin Talal is just excited to see this thing further out in space and would rely on the engineers and architects.

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
The foundation of the building gives me headache, steel bars 1.5 metres in diametre and 50 metres deep is too hard to imagine. And whole weight of the tower pressing down on this:

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
wow nice photos zz-ii, the bottom cladding really progressing

How far can cladding reach upto at this point?, even steel floors?

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
Would the elevators go far up as top of concrete structure floor 155 mezzanine?

from the white diagram of 14th april above, the stair on the steel floors being worked on now (green) doesn't link with the stair right beside and above it.
The stair seem to end at tier 24, is tier 25 accessible, if yes then how?

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
I believe BD will become the world's tallest structure ever built by mankind very soon. Now that 8th floor started, 2 more floors left after this one. TOP OF THE WORLD BABY TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
Two photos above, about 10cm to the right from BD, there are emirate towers with two towers beside it. Looks very like the dubai towers proposed.

(Yo saeed the last days are signed by the hunger, poverty, war, famine and more hatred when new world begins)

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts

In the upper concrete sections, they as far as I know is the core of the building and only have elevator shaft in them. So no room for living there. Or someone explain to me exactly what's inside the upper concrete section (core) or if this core is gonna be cladded, not much space between glass and outer wall of the core and this space could be used for observation?

·
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
3,421 Posts
At tier 27 (top cladding floors) only thing to get there is by ladder inside the spire. Does this mean men can't get to tier 27 around the spire?

(first level of tier 19, meaning steel stair case starts)

1 - 20 of 621 Posts