SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1170 Posts

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

^^^ RWDI did the wind tunnel testing for the burj as they are amoung the best in the world.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Picasa - Ingmar Wilhelm - 07 10 22

Nice shots as always Imre - good to see your back. :)

Nice shots from you as well Malec - I am another who thinks it should be OK to say that - Lets not start overmoderating like over at SSP. :nuts:

Enjoy. :cheers:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Nice screenshots of those blueprints - I wonder who took them ... :banana:
I have lots more of those screenshots that I made of the blueprints too. :lol:

Picasa - 07 09 24

Hey all. Here is a few of the over 70 beauty shots from Brian Mcmorrow over at pbase. All from 07 10 19 - I encourage everyone to go check them all out !

Blog - 07 10 23

Another great day for the collection - 150 shots. 9130 and counting of this magnificent structure - WooHoo ! :nuts:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi Metalli.

Look at the closeup of the top in the post right above yours. Some winglets already done.

Here is the shape of tier 15. The print is a composite showing the terraces for the first levels of tier16, 17, and 18. You can see the shape of the core - the long 3 sides are the sides with the 4 "windows".

Here is the actual first level of tier 17 and 18 to clear things up.

:cheers:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hey Cul.

No apology needed.

I gotta say your diagram is looking right on dude. :applause: :applause:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

While I agree with the taller the better and I hope taller, I would be happy with even the old 705 meter height. Back near the start of construction many were of the opinion that the upper section was too thin and how the spire / pinnacle was too much. I have always called this thing a structure because it is going to be the tallest thing ever built. It is much more than a building so it doesn't matter if the top is as thin as a mast IMO. I think that it will be 818 but if not I will make version 4 of my analysis happily, even 705 would be by far the tallest structure ever. Only a few short years ago we may have been called dreamers if we talked about a structure taller than any guyed mast ever built. Great time to be a scraper lover.

Hey Sky - How you doin' bud.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Here is the print showing the shape of tier 15. I have drawn the shape of the concrete core as it is now. The North side is the side with the 4 openings that has some winglets poured and where the crane is removed.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Here is a detail print of the top of the tower.

We can see the 1.2 meter dia. tier 30 pinnacle and the 1.5 meter dia. platform on top. We can also see where the lights connect .400 meters above the platform. We can also see the guardrail 1.1 meters above the 818.0 platform. This 1.1 meters probably won't be counted in the official height. Just as the official height will be measured from the ground and not from the slab 15.25 meters below that.

Just imagine how awesome it would be to be standing out on that platform holding on to that guardrail taking in the view !

Awesome.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi Dettol. Source is that Emaar plan hanging on some wall in dubai. It has been posted here a few times though most are just portions of it.

Hi Beyond. There is 3 lights on top of the structure that must be servicable. It might be just a little too freaky to go out on that platform with no guardrail. :lol:. Seriously it is code and mandatory. The floor of the ground level is 0.000 as the heights are now.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

While I hope like all of us that they have made a change to the plan ( for the taller ) I think it is premature. I think even Emaar official site saying 156 has jumped the gun. I believe the 1/2 of the form jumped up to level 155 Mezz.

See this - You make your own decision.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Here is some pile prints showing the 1.5 meter dia. tower piles. From the upper elevation print we can see the top of the raft is at -3.75 Dubai Municipal Datum. The elevation numbers from the tower plans show it at -15.25. AltinD beat me to the punch saying the Ground level at 0.00 is 11.50 meters above the DMD.

Pile layout - 192 piles

Upper elevation

Lower elevation

Pile section

Waterproofing

Pile head

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hey Helghast.

When you collect as many pics as I do you can tell me what is what - OK :eek:hno:. The pic I used is from Oct 25.

The tower hasn't risen since before Oct 21.

07 10 31

07 10 24

07 10 21

07 10 15

Have a good one. :cheers:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi Cul.

Nice work on that spire shot. It's nearly all black in the PDF. First time I've seen it. I think the guardrail is 1100 mm above the platform or have they changed the plan ? Add up the numbers on the right side of this detail print.

I agree that it should be included in the height.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Sweet. 1.2 it is then. The plan I have is from July 24.

Sept 24 - where can one get that ?

Any other new goodies in it ?

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Nice shots as always Imre. You too Oldtown.

Urban.Kovac - Yes you are correct - as I also said a few thread pages ago. They are pouring / working on level 155 Mezzanine.

Harryc - No sorry I don't have near the info on the spire as this magnificent structure. Maybe no bell because they are skin friction piles not down to bedrock. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 1170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.