SkyscraperCity Forum banner
32361 - 32380 of 32386 Posts

·
Espartano
2,748 Posts
I recently saw that they dressed the tower in Spain's flag color.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am confused on why this thread is still even going on. I know the Burj Khalifa has all these amazing achievements and whatnot such as one upping Taipei 101 by being 63 percent taller. But it was completed literally more than a decade ago. The Burj Khalifa is cool and all but I want to see something grander. I don’t care which country it is in or any of that. Just as long as anything gets built that is taller which right now seems unlikely.

·
Super Moderator
Excelsior!
21,658 Posts
I am confused on why this thread is still even going on. I know the Burj Khalifa has all these amazing achievements and whatnot such as one upping Taipei 101 by being 63 percent taller. But it was completed literally more than a decade ago. The Burj Khalifa is cool and all but I want to see something grander. I don’t care which country it is in or any of that. Just as long as anything gets built that is taller which right now seems unlikely.
Because there's nothing grander coming lol. If another megatall starts up then i'll send this to the archives since we have the rate our supertalls now. Until then there's basically no point in having a megatalls section if there's only one active thread (PNB 118)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys

I would like to build the BK as a model. But i don't find some plans for a full-scale replica. At the end it should be like 2m or more. For that i need plans with the mesures on it. Do you have something?

Thanks for your help

Greetings from Switzerland

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,209 Posts
Hi Guys

I would like to build the BK as a model. But i don't find some plans for a full-scale replica. At the end it should be like 2m or more. For that i need plans with the mesures on it. Do you have something?

Thanks for your help

Greetings from Switzerland
We have a subforum here, which has two subsubforums that might be interesting to you. The Scale Models forum should have people that are in a similar situation as you and the 3D Designs forum might have people that have detailed CAD files. I would suggest you go and look in those two places if you can find something or someone that helps in your project. Make sure to post your progress in the Scale Models forum when you are done.

·
MS
972 Posts
Because there's nothing grander coming lol. If another megatall starts up then i'll send this to the archives since we have the rate our supertalls now. Until then there's basically no point in having a megatalls section if there's only one active thread (PNB 118)
Maybe we should change Supertall-Thread form 300-599m to 300-499m.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Maybe we should change Supertall-Thread form 300-599m to 300-499m.
Even if we changed the Megatall definition to 500m+ (and it's really not our call, we're just following the CTBUH), there still wouldn't be any more Megatalls under construction at the moment. There's PNB118, and the next one on the list is the Greenland Center in Xi'an at 498 meters. Not counting Goldin Finance 117, of course, which appears to be on hold. I think there's a 500m+ tower under prep in Seoul, however.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That will be extremely difficult because of several things
1- MONEY it is the most important thing even the burj khalifa had money shortages and needed money from Abu Dhabi to complete its construction that is why they changed the name to Burj Khalifa in honor to the president of the UAE. There is a point when a skyscraper stops being profitable and starts getting costly (a) you have to do a very strong foundation especially if the soil is unsound (b) you have to make the skyscraper safe in case of earthquake, hurricanes, explosions (c) you have to find a way for people to safely evacuate the building in case of emergency and for the first responders to reach those floors (d) you need to be compliant with the city's zoning regulations

2- Market. does the market really need such a tall building, I mean we might be talking about a building with at least 3 million square feet of space wouldn't this oversupply an existing market and leave this future building vacant or the rest of buildings of the city vacant. That is why the tallest buildings in the world are not SINGLE FUNCTION since it is impossible to fill them out with only one purpose (e.g fully hotel, fully office, fully residential) rather they make it multipurpose to ensure it wont be vacant since different levels of the building may have different purposes (observation decks, restaurants, hotels, offices, apartments, retail)
Dubai is a city of only 2.5 million residents with plenty of vacant lots and plenty of space to expand horizontally (Unlike Hong Kong or New York City) honestly the city doesn't need any of the skyscrapers it has but they build them for a very important reason to diversify the economy from oil based to service based (Tourism, financial) which they did perfectly.

because of this we may not see the world tallest building for decades, the closest chance was Jeddah Tower in Saudi Arabia and the building is on hold because of corruption. China banned construction of supertalls and even buildings above 250m will have tight restrictions, United States build skyscrapers according to market since construction is extremely costly (a 300m skyscraper can be as costly as the entire burj khalifa) and the cities have a 2000 feet cap. Europe might not build supertall buildings because of the visual impact on the historical districts and India could have the power to build skyscrapers of that size but that would cause controversy because of the social inequalities their people have. I guess Dubai create such an amazing skyscraper that even the longevity it will hold its records will be undisputed.

32361 - 32380 of 32386 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.