Skyscraper City Forum banner
8601 - 8620 of 32386 Posts

·
Just a user
228 Posts
Not a professional by any means but that reddish photo seems doable enough with the right clear weather, filter and evening sky. In fact, I'd say the photo including the red sky is real - just the sun isn't, unless it's so underexposed to appear yellow-gold instead of more blinding as normal. Even if concrete walls blocked the rays, to see no light through the tower at the angles and distances apart on wings of the windows that we know is highly unlikely.

Maybe there's something I'm not understanding either as to how to achieve a true effect like this but regardless the photo is very cool and a good attempt at least to photoshop if indeed it was done.

Back to a more on topic subject. Imre, those shots rock as others said for showing the massive scale. Thanks for showing us that "Beach Road" photo to update us on the difference since I think the last time one of those was taken was when we were still watching concrete. That third shot down the road though is crazy!
If you have ever been in Dubai during a hazy summer sunset, you would know that the sun looks exactly like that because of the thick humid lower section of the atmosphere, you can easily look at the sun for 10 minutes it is so weak, it's not making you blind. There is also a degrade, getting darker on the bottom, same as in the picture. I can tell this picture is taken far away from Burj Dubai at the sunset time looking to the west. So where is the real sun? There is some sort of photoshop or filtering of course but I believe there is nothing fake there

·
Registered
468 Posts
i have also seen the same thing, but with a bluer sun, on misty mornings where i live
its a very beautiful pic, btw

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,281 Posts
If you have ever been in Dubai during a hazy summer sunset, you would know that the sun looks exactly like that because of the thick humid lower section of the atmosphere, you can easily look at the sun for 10 minutes it is so weak, it's not making you blind. There is also a degrade, getting darker on the bottom, same as in the picture. I can tell this picture is taken far away from Burj Dubai at the sunset time looking to the west. So where is the real sun? There is some sort of photoshop or filtering of course but I believe there is nothing fake there
Google earth tells me it was taken just 7km away from the Burj Dubai. You can see the fence to the area where the flamingos are. From the constelation of the Millenium Tower and the Burj Dubai Lake hotel you can make a line to the road were the pic was taken.

Abou the filters for cameras. There are polariser. They reducing the reflections and they make the sky more blue. They don`t make the sun darker.
There are also grey filter. They reducing the incoming light by a very big amount. That way you can take pics with 10minutes exposure time during the bright daylight. It blocks all lights not only from the sun
There are also colour filter.
But i don`t know any filter that would make such an effect like you can see in that pic.

Did anyone of the people here who believe it is a real pic take a pic of a sun going down? I did several times.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2926/img4970lw2.jpg

·
Registered
78,268 Posts
^i though that bird hide was 3.5km from burj dubai?

·
Registered
78,268 Posts
just a quicxk update.
i fixed some small errors (basement heights),and added tier crowns ect.
also added some spires that will go 610m/2000ft or above at left of diagram)
many thanks to fury again for assistance.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
the ob deck on floor 124 is quite sizable.
ive worked out is approx 65m x 46m
the indoor area measures appprox 2900sqm (1000sqm for the core), so about 2000sqm to walk around in. the outdoor terrace measures 38mx 16m or about 600sqm.
anyone been up lev103 in Sears tower?
that measures 45mx23m or 1035sqm (including service core)
so Burj dubais ob deck is over double size of sears towers.

ive been up in the sears tower, and its quite huge

·
Registered
78,268 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
:lol: at the Pentominium spire. Still 200m below Burj Dubai. :eek:hno:Crazy:nuts:

·
Registered
468 Posts
yes, it is quite lovely
but, in order to achieve that amount of space, they had to put it halfway up the tower. :(

·
Registered
31,846 Posts
It`s fake because in a real pic you would see the sun looking through the windows.
The sun is also very large. You need at least 300mm or 400mm to get the sun that large. If you want to see the Burj Dubai on full size at 300mm you need to drive very very far away. But the pic is not taken that far away. The sun is also as clear as a circle.
It`s photoshop.
Come on, next time in town I'll drive you to the bird sanctuary from where the picture was taken, and then from there to Burj Dubai and you tell me if it isn't "that far away". ;)

You really need 300 or 400 mm lenses to zoom on the subject. As I said I have already photographed the sun that big and that red just before the sunset. With a very good D-SLR camera and a good tripod you can achieve the clear sun circle with a lil' help from polarization filters and a good image processing software. :cheers:

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,281 Posts
Come on, next time in town I'll drive you to the bird sanctuary from where the picture was taken, and then from there to Burj Dubai and you tell me if it isn't "that far away". ;)

You really need 300 or 400 mm lenses to zoom on the subject. As I said I have already photographed the sun that big and that red just before the sunset. With a very good D-SLR camera and a good tripod you can achieve the clear sun circle with a lil' help from polarization filters and a good image processing software. :cheers:
7km is not that far away. You also can`t zoom in that much because the Burj Dubai is around 700m tall.

A polarizer will not help to take better pics of the sun.

Here are some of my shots with the sun going down.

Taken in Bangkok. This is my pic where the sun look closest to the sun in the pic mentioned. You can see that the sun is not that round.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2r2t389.jpg

Taken in Tokyo. You can see how the sun is looking through the windows.
http://i36.tinypic.com/23wtlxi.jpg

Sun going down in Dubai. I know how it looks like. Taken 200m away from the Burj Dubai.
http://i37.tinypic.com/5cevqo.jpg

·
Registered
328 Posts
However, Nakheel's Head of Building Division, Robert Lee said, "Once a building reaches a certain height, going a few hundred metres extra doesn't require as much of additional design, materials and time as one would think."

Lee added, "The same amount of effort will be taken whether it's 888 metres or a kilometre. There will always be someone who wants to challenge the imagination."
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/525428-water-world

8601 - 8620 of 32386 Posts