41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
37,995 Posts
They look good :)

·
highrise addicted
1,223 Posts
Agree.:yes:
But progress is slow IMO. They're keeping the tallest crane for a long time now - almost as if this would be the promised spire itself... ;)
...but in fact some glass is missing, so there are still jobs to do.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Very nice buildings, but so sad about the name for the towers. Why would you mix a religious statement with a name of a building. I know the bank is called Islamic bank, but come on. :bash: Learn to seperate religion and business.

·
Groningen since 1227
301 Posts
So in crisis they just build banks in them middle east? Looks cool anyway.
The buildings make me think about this game (leftside of the picture):

·
highrise addicted
1,223 Posts
Finally the crane on the taller tower is gone! Islamic Bank Towers look more or less complete from the outside. Most likely there won't be spires on neither tower, I think both are T/O now.

But what would the final heights be then? If 294m/261m were meant with spires (that would've started at the top of the central cores, not at the top roof), wouldn't figures around 260m/240m suit much better?

Btw. the facades show clearly the different use of the towers: Islamic Bank Residential Tower's windows can be opened, the ones on Islamic Bank Office Tower not.

18 January 2011 by 234sale on www.skyscraperlist.com

·
16,696 Posts
Good to hear Dan, thanks for updating.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I agree :bash::bash::bash:
What is the problem with that? The owner of these towers is the Islamic Bank quite obvious these towers are called the "Islamic Bank towers". Be happy it's not called "Islam is the best religion in the world and everybody has to be Islamic Towers" :lol: ... And no I'm not making fun of the Islam.

Ciao :cheers:

41 - 60 of 71 Posts