SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 16 of 17 Posts

· Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
11,739 Posts
We actually don't have a clue how many floors. Aedas say 105, this article about Zetas says 98 and other random news articles say 90.
I'm going to change to 98 for now. I recon 98 is the total floors, 90 is the number of residential floors, and 105 is including the basements.

11,739 Posts
Damac have a huge amount of projects, a lot in random areas surrounded by undeveloped land which will stay that way so no point in building there. I recon they are trying to move investors to projects such as ocean heights, etc, which are well on their way and cancel those which won't be built.
We heard rumours that Damac were trying to get people to move FROM this project into others and other rumours saying the opposite. If there are enough people paying then they will build this. There are also rumours of a redesign down to 70 floors but nobody really knows anything.

11,739 Posts
Inside the website www.skyscraperpage.com the Damac Heights has been removed from the section diagrams and they have changed the status from under construction to proposed.
I hope that is not true.
Someone has news?
The skyscraperpage database is edited by people like us (and in fact I do a bit of editing there). It wrongly moved to under construction and was moved back a few days ago. Proposed isn't the right word but until actual piling starts it's just site preparation, which is why this thread is still in the proposals section. They haven't actually started work on the foundation yet, just preparing the site (so constructing the site walls, various foundation tests, etc).

11,739 Posts
I don't know about the render. Maybe the articles just used a render of the old design. The reason why I say this is because that price tag is way too small for 90 floors. For 30 or 40 floors maybe.
Maybe an email to Arabtec would be the best.

1 - 16 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.