SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,629 Posts
Will it be that there are sufficient persons to live in this tower? What the future of the Dubai if will be there no be persons to buy the whole property offer?
I think it's kind of silly how people are constantly saying this for various cities. Skyscrapers are high profile, but people always grossly overestimate how many people it takes to fill them up. I never hear any "OMFG THEY"LL NEVER FILL IT UP LOL" when they put in a bunch of acres of single dwelling houses all over the place like they constantly do here in the US, even though a single subdivision holds more people than, say this tower. Dubai wants to save their land, so they build up instead of out. Same goes for Shanghai and other cities where people are always amazed when a tall building goes up.

· Registered
1,629 Posts
Hopefully the progress wont be anything like ocean heights one. guh, these two towers are incredible, I wish they would put a move a move on it.
Ocean Heights was late STARTING, but the actual building has gone fast. We haven't gotten pictures for a while, but from what I've heard it's actually rising faster than the other three supers near it.

1 - 9 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.