Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4359 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Translated from Arabic:

- His Highness Mohammed bin Rashid describes the new tower's unique architectural masterpiece as equally great and glorious to Burj Khalifa tower and the famous "Eiffel" Tower and will rival them.

- "masterpiece" Tower would be a monument and tourist and cultural landmark and construction will start within months and its height will be known after completion and official opening of it

- The Tower is designed by the architect Calatrava

- Tower will be developed by Emaar

Name of tower is as well translated from Arabic so it might have a different name in english it is either Masterpiece or Iconic :)

https://twitter.com/emaardubai
https://twitter.com/DXBMediaOffice

Location is within the Dubai Creek but exact location is still unknown

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another mega tall proposal for Dubai:nuts: I hope its taller than Jeddah's tower:banana: coz i cant see the purpose of building another 800m+ tower in the same city without breaking the "tallest building" record.
Add to that they won't disclose the height of it until its completed :banana::banana::banana:

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
5,747 Posts
Not trying to be a party pooper here, but the design didn't "blow me away" so to speak

Then again, any super tall is awesome. Wonder what the use will be though ? from the looks of it , 200 floors of observation decks :D

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ TBH it is not really known if this tower will be the center of Dubai creek Harbour ... all we know it is on the creek which runs many kms and this can very well be on another site

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
First of all: Dubai is going insane :nuts: This city will have 4 Megatalls by 2025 :cheers:

I just don't get the design. Is this supposed to be an observation tower like the Canton Tower in Guangzhou? I also think this design is definitely not final.

·
Registered
Vicfernandz
321 Posts
If this one, will have a viewpoint in its last floor, it should be tallest viewpoint, taller than the viewpoint of dubai one wow
Love the project

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Possible locations of it:

I honestly believe it will be located within or near Dubai Creek Harbour but some other possible locations are Jaddaf or as some are suspecting, Business bay Island (all areas are in red) The rest got either height restrictions or got different owners than Emaar :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The tower is replacing the Dubai creek harbour twins
If you look closely in the video you can see all proposals were actually put on the island or very really close to the water and not where the twins will be ;) (red circle)

And here is a screenshot of one of the losing proposals location: :D

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^ Forget what I said you are probably right :D and look how huge the footprint of it is wow I won't be surprised if it was higher than 1200m

1 - 20 of 4359 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.