SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
4321 - 4340 of 4359 Posts

·
Registered
N830MH
1,543 Posts
Folks, please stop posting on this thread. Just stop!

Please take a break! This thread will be locked unless when they resume construction. You may leave PM to moderators.

·
Registered
Creo en el libre mercado y la innovación como herramientas para progresar
513 Posts
Any news on The tallest twin towers that will come with creek tower 452m+ ????
Twin Towers!?

Are these what you mean?

As far as I know, instead of being made the twins will make the tower that we all know known as the tower at DCH that can reach 1.345 km

·
Registered
410 Posts
Although I have to admit that Petronas Towers are the most beautiful skyscrapers I have even seen, I am not so glad to see Dubai copying another famous design after already three ugly copies of Chrysler Building in that city. Let's hope those towers do not look too similar to Petronas Towers.

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,328 ·
Although I have to admit that Petronas Towers are the most beautiful skyscrapers I have even seen, I am not so glad to see Dubai copying another famous design after already three ugly copies of Chrysler Building in that city. Let's hope those towers do not look too similar to Petronas Towers.
I would like to share with you the happy very old news that these twins are canceled 5 years ago :lol:

Now can we please stop posting random things here ... unless we have an update maybe we should try to find the appropriate thread for any out of topic discussion

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I would like to share with you the happy very old news that these twins are canceled 5 years ago :lol:

Now can we please stop posting random things here ... unless we have an update maybe we should try to find the appropriate thread for any out of topic discussion
The thing is, there's not much to discuss at the moment apart from reasons why the tower isn't being built right now. If you like, I'd support it if you want to temporarily lock the thread until further news or updates surface. As a mod, you've got the keys to the thread, and you're usually the person to find updates anyway. With the information currently available, we could either discuss things we've discussed before over again, discuss off-topic stuff, or have no discussion at all. Neither of the three options seem particularly productive, but at least the latter would make it quiet until there are new things to discuss.

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,331 ·
^^ Chill ... this has nothing to do with what you posted .. I didn't want to write a different post so I shoved it in the same one

Kyll.Ing. we will discuss the idea of locking it, not the worst idea

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,333 ·
Now how many pages with only BLAH BLAH BLAH without updates. I lost count. I agree that this thread and JT thread, both has to be temporarily closed until next update
Let's give this a bit more time before locking it .. no need to lock it now since we have threads for general discussions of Dubai .. we just need to use them instead.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I would say lock this, and JT. that way we know when it is reopened some legit news has come out
Just make sure to put in the closing post (and opening post?) a person to contact if legit news are found, so anyone can contribute to opening the thread again when the news finally drop. Maybe also sum up the project status and why the threads were closed in a separate paragraph.

·
Que paza!!!
2,806 Posts
I would say lock this, and JT. that way we know when it is reopened some legit news has come out
Anyway, this is a forum, we are here to discuss. So it is fine if this construction thread is only for construction news, but we should have another thread for discussion, opinions, rumours, etc. about this project.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Maybe we can contact Gabriel if any news arise, but he is knowledgeable of Dubai projects so chances he will find it
Of course this is true for this thread, it will probably be Gabriel who posts the first update anyway, but in the Jeddah Tower thread news have come from many different sources.

Anyway, this is a forum, we are here to discuss. So it is fine if this construction thread is only for construction news, but we should have another thread for discussion, opinions, rumours, etc. about this project.
I guess there's the thread in the local Dubai forum.

4321 - 4340 of 4359 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.