SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
12,361 Posts

·
32,083 Posts
It was progressing so fast that it catch fire! :laugh:

Joking aside, I've never seen a building catch fire in construction phase...
The progress: It was on fire :D

.... in Dubai there have been a number of fires during construction

·
Registered
499 Posts
It was progressing so fast that it catch fire! :laugh:

Joking aside, I've never seen a building catch fire in construction phase...
^^ This happens sometimes. For example SWFC caught fire during construction in 2007, although not a severe one.

Considering construction processes like welding and adding materials you could find on a construction side, one could be glad that huge fires are rare.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The fires in Dubai are way to common and they are unacceptable. It seems like skyscraper fires are far more common now than they used to. I'm not sure if that's because there are more skyscrapers or if it's just bad luck. Yesterday I was in NYC and a huge courthouse had an electrical fire. It was sheer madness.

When I was there about 15 fire trucks were on scene. New York City has a very late and well supplied fire department. Do you guys feel that the Dubai fire department has enough locations and trucks to meet the need of the city?

·
Registered
130 Posts
As I said in the "Dubai" forum, these are fast becoming the modern day "Burning Oil Wells"........... Very sad indeed, and hope no one got hurt, that's the important thing!

·
Super Moderator
10,548 Posts
First of all no one was hurt, second stop overreacting guys, the tower is not even halfway up so damage weren't as severe as if it was completed. Plus it wasn't because of faulty cladding or anything of the sort so this can happen anywhere.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts