Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1546 Posts

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The name is likely to change once the tower is done ;)

But since this one is supertall and also well underway, i decided it deserves its own thread as well.

Also, they put the new render in place which looks very good.

So there we go:

OLD DESIGN:

OLD SIGNBOARD:

NEW RENDER:

NEW SIGNBOARD:

June 2004:

Dec 2004

July 2005

Sept 2005

Feb 2006

April 2006

RISING

·
LA Resident
5,331 Posts
One more nice project!!!
It's great, construction goes fast and the disign is pretty interesting and original, soon we'll see the new highrise in this city

·
Registered
77,309 Posts
i like it. thanks for updates

·
Developer
7,685 Posts
I think the new design is just as bad as the old design. The best tall towers going up in Dubai will be some of the most amazing and beautiful towers in the world, but there are also a couple of shockers like this one that look like they been drawn up by the company financial manager on the back of a McDonalds placemat.

Towers this tall, wherever they were built, used to have high standards of design 99% of the time because they were so out of the ordinary and expensive. In Dubai and China recently it's like they have become so common that in a few cases the standard of design is no better than for an ordinary 20 storey apartment tower.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ they will change it.

malec said:
Too many feckin dubai threads! That was why I made my boom thread

everything over 300 UC gets its own thread, we decided so. i mean, there are 150m towers in the world forums and supertalls have to stay away.. noooo.

the boom thread is great for everything and to be up to date.

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
^^ I don't it should be done this way. Dubai might have loads of 300m towers in the pipeline but I think the world forums are for the most important projects in each city so a 300m tower for most cities is really important while for Dubai in a lot of cases it's just another tower. The way it should be is that special towers (whether tall or not) deserve their own threads. Towers like the burj al alam, or the index are good examples. When the design comes out the opera house would be a good example

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ i mereley think a supertall should be in the world forums, no matter in which city is located.

and most of the uae forumers agreed, and most people were happy to see the Dubai supertalls since they did not notice them before.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Dubai Boom Rundown is a development thread. All the threads open in this section, are CONSTRUCTION UPDATES threads.

My only concearn was about opening threads for towers that we have dificulties taking picture updates.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^ exactly. but most of the difficult ones (BD LH, Almas) are rising now anyway!

The boom thread does not get much construction updates anyway..

I think supertall under construction -> thread in world forums.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
29/04/2006

They have a self climbing slipform for the core, so we can expect a 1 floor/week progress.

... and the project board

They have left blanc the number of floors of the tower, maybe the redesign included a floor number increase as well. New info is that the parking at the back will have 12 levels.

1 - 20 of 1546 Posts