SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This project is not yet officially launched by Tiger (very reputable developer) although it already got the approval 4 months. so this might not be the final design but as of my sources, they planning it to be the tallest in the developer's portfolio once it is completed, and it will be located in Business Bay after they purchased the plot last year.

Render:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
As I said in the thread in the Dubai section, colour me skeptical.

This tower is more than twice as tall as anything the developer has built before, 230 meters taller than any successful project in Dubai initiated after the financial crisis, launched during the triple whammy of a pandemic, an oil price glut (which may not affect Dubai directly, but it certainly affects foreign potential buyers), and a situation of real estate oversupply, on the plot of a failed tower, after several other similar projects have crashed and burned even when the economy was doing significantly better, and after Megatalls all over the world have been cancelled because they don't make much economic sense to build. No wonder all they have to show for it is one low-res render, where the background repeats several times. I can't really say it has much going for it.

Then again, this is definitely not the final design. Its shape isn't really optimal for the type of winds a Megatall has to withstand, and if they had settled for this design they would probably have had better renders to show. I think "the tallest in the developer's portfolio" really only means "taller than Marina Pinnacle" (280 meters), so it could be massively downscaled to a more realistic size and still meet those criteria. Where is the 600m+ figure coming from, anyway?

By the way, there is another site - hilariously poorly made, but possibly a placeholder - promoting the tower here: LT Tower by Tiger Properties at Business Bay, Dubai

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ ok cool! they might build it or not, nothing to work ourselves over, we will see how this goes!

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,150 Posts
only time will tell, surely it seems unlikely now, but who knows what will happen, even if they reduce the height to a low supertall, it is still much nicer to have a proposal process going now than the old tower site being empty. Not a proposal to lose sleep over for excitement yet, but something to keep an eye on in the coming years and see how it develops. Dubai is always good for surprises after all.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,150 Posts
Wow a megatall with only 100 floors! The Empire State Building has more floors than this
the title is 100fl+, this means we do not know the number of floors as there are no designs yet. It is just a lower bound

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ I got in contact with developer directly and if you count the approximate number of floors .. many sites are referencing it to be taller than 600m! Anyways why this over-reaction? if it was anything else we will move it to Supertall after. It is okay .. :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Anyways why this over-reaction?
Over-reaction? In what way? Isn't it reasonable to ask for sources when such a huge project is being proposed? 90% of the towers ever posted in the Megatall section never made it off the drawing board after all. It's only natural to wonder what could possibly give this one a better chance of being built than all the others that never made it.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,150 Posts
just time to wait, i am sure if there are news, Gabriel will share them. I just hope we'll get real renders and actual plans this year, but we will see.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Wow a megatall with only 100 floors! The Empire State Building has more floors than this
It's actually 86 floors but they cheating with 16 floors 55 metres above 326 metres then under 326 metres 86 floors however they struck 102 floors ever since we used it and how possible fit 102 floors under 326 metres? but back day they're don't know how fit.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
What a terrible rendering.
It is obviously a placeholder.

Then again, the fact that they didn't have it made more professionally is one of those things that shakes my feeble confidence in this. If it was never meant to be seen by the public, why not just have a white image with black text saying "PLACEHOLDER"? Or if it was meant to be seen by the public, why didn't they get anything better-looking? This half-arsed thing makes them look amateurish no matter what option. Same goes for the project website. Why release something so half-finished?

One would think that, if they had a billion dollars to throw around for a Megatall, they would have afforded to promote the tower properly. Presumably, they want to sell this to somebody, and this isn't a very good pitch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts