SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
12,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.emirates247.com/news/government/mohammed-orders-multibillion-dollar-icd-projects-by-2018-2014-09-14-1.562929

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has given the go-ahead for a number of ambitious development projects by the Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) over the coming three years. [...]

Sheikh Mohammed gave directives that the projects be fully implemented by 2018. [...]

Sheikh Mohammed was also briefed on the One Za’abeel project which will be located between the Dubai World Trade Centre and Za’abeel Park and will consist of two towers (residential and commercial) linked by a suspended bridge. One Za’abeel will have an approximate cost tag of Dh2.5 billion and will include 550 residential units, two hotels and 130 hotel apartments. [...]
Final plans unveiled! Two super talls linked by a sky bridge! :cheers: Looks 80-90+ to me :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
That is a huge bridge. It will probably need to be filled with crossbeams in order to stay still.
I thought about that too, but maybe it's just perspective. If it isn't, maybe they will use a certain super-light and super-strong material (which it will be, probably, very expensive).

·
whitest boy in the delta
11,842 Posts
Two more supertalls for Dubai, great! For completion in 2018, they have to start rather soon. I expect more projects to pop up during this time, because cityscape is coming to town :cheers: hope this is still just the start of Dubais big second boom!

·
whitest boy in the delta
11,842 Posts
the office tower has 27 floors from bottom to the skybridge. measuring it in paint, this leads to about ~78 floors in the picture that shows the whole building.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It seems like that this kind of designs consisting on blocks at the middle of a normal tower are very common these days. I personally like it :cheers:

·
32,081 Posts
The plots according to latest image on google earth
The part of the plot on the left side of the elevated road has been used for long as a make-shift car park for the Exhibition center just across the road, but now there was a notice there saying that the car park will be permanently closed starting Sep 19th.

Also today noticed that part of the plot on the right side of the elevated road has been partially boarded up and a couple of machines had arrived.

Hopefully this one is about to start :cheers:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts