Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are typicall dubai suburb houses, most as you can see are made of granite and marble some even have some parts gold plated

^ check out the size of the last one

·
| sariwa |
512 Posts
From what youre saying then the suburbs in Dubai are upper-class areas, right? so in that case, where do all the middle and lower classes live??

In the case of London; the working (lower) and middle-classes tend to live in the suburban areas around the main city area (in the case of London then it would be Boroughs like Croydon, Hounslow, Merton or Hillingdon); the rich tend to live within central London (Chelsea, Hammersmith, Westminister, Sloane sq etc)

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it depends dubai has several downtown areas, most of the lower and middle class people live in the older part of the city which is one of the downtowns, but in new dubai where most of these new highrises are coming up which are forming a new downtown core for the city many rich people live there

·
| sariwa |
512 Posts
^^ nice! cheers for the info! :)

btw: isn't this house a Mosque?? unless someone likes having a Minaret in their front garden.. :lol: :D

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lumpia said:
^^ nice! cheers for the info! :)

btw: isn't this house a Mosque?? unless someone likes having a Minaret in their front garden.. :lol: :D

yeah thats actually a house, but it also has mosque in it, i am guessing its some religious guy's house

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
^^^
Awsome houses!
I wish that we get same kind of building structures like what you guys have here for Naperville(Rich Chicago's SW suburban city)! :)

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
why are there so many gated compounds when burglary and crime are supposedly so low in Dubai?

It seems that Dubai super houses having taken their cues from American McMansions which is too bad.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
nomarandlee said:
why are there so many gated compounds when burglary and crime are supposedly so low in Dubai?

It seems that Dubai super houses having taken their cues from American McMansions which is too bad.
I would assume PRIVACY! :)

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
Yes its for privacy its the style of architecture in the middle east. All middle eastern houses have a wall around there garden, its for privacy (so that the woman can do whatever they want without there hejab).

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
yes woman can do anything they want but the culture of local people in dubai is very islamic most of the woman wear black veils (the locals!) So they could go to the beach and wear a bikini but they dont because it isnt in there culture.

·
Tōkyō itsumademo
379 Posts
Brrr

Except the third I like a bit, I don't like one of them. Not my style :(

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Awesome houses - I love'em :D

( but doubt it's very typical - I mean how would a $4 a day worker afford that? ;) )

shayan said:
yes woman can do anything they want but the culture of local people in dubai is very islamic most of the woman wear black veils (the locals!) So they could go to the beach and wear a bikini but they dont because it isnt in there culture.
Whould the odinary Dubayian man accept if his wife wanted to go the beach and wear a bikini with friends? ( males/females? )

And what about female teens before married?

Just curious..

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well by typical i mean their really commen, ofcourse not all people can afford them but many can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts