SkyscraperCity banner

1101 - 1115 of 1115 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,149 Posts
anything under 400m has been doing great in Dubai. I was under the assumption Dubai recovered somewhat.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
anything under 400m has been doing great in Dubai. I was under the assumption Dubai recovered somewhat.
It seems like the threshold actually goes at 360 meters or so (ref. the timeline here - the only completed building taller than 360 m that wasn't under construction during the financial crisis owes its height to 80-meter spires), but it can be simplified to 400. The ones that make it seem to be residential towers just above the supertall mark, while the grander proposals stall and fail. Still the problem of over-supply of real estate lingers, so it remains to be seen whether any new projects on that scale will start up any time soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I imagine that this new Israeli peace deal might cause some sort of boom, as it should theoretically increase investment into the region from the US - not to mention the new trade links...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I imagine that this new Israeli peace deal might cause some sort of boom, as it should theoretically increase investment into the region from the US - not to mention the new trade links...
One can hope that it boosts middle Eastern tourism from other middle Eastern countries and investments from said countries not just America. It could potentially help Israeli skyscraper production as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
One can hope that it boosts middle Eastern tourism from other middle Eastern countries and investments from said countries not just America. It could potentially help Israeli skyscraper production as well
Exactly - and we can already see it being a boom for Israeli development with many new building plans being proposed for after the COVID craziness ends (which should happen sooner rather then later)

·
toilet out of order
2,361 Posts
Massive!

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,149 Posts
'Uptown' Makes you laugh. - Its only Dubai!
why does uptown make you laugh? I think it's fitting, Marina area is quite far from Downtown.

Reactions: QalzimCity

·
H-Town
137 Posts
I'm still trying to rationalize them calling this building the tallest, when the Burj is 380 feet taller. Are they playing the game of not including the spire portion of the Burj?

1101 - 1115 of 1115 Posts