·
whitest boy in the delta
13,603 Posts
thanks for opening the thread :cheers:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Those models look sick.

And hawing a mutiple Story podium under all the towers is Amazing.

and i think that might Actually Make this if not the biggest building in the world, when it comes to floor area certantly. one of the biggest. If Emporis and Guinness actually consider It one building.

·
From Holland with love
5,295 Posts
And hawing a mutiple Story podium under all the towers is Amazing.
I disagree. I don't like the way this project doesn't 'communicate' with the surrounding streets or the neighborhood. It looks like blind walls all around.

If they would improve that, the project would be a lot better in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
When did this go On Hold? What happened here? It seems like foundation work was completed, then the next contractor just never arrived, similarly to Dubai Creek Tower. Any news from the developer?

·
From Holland with love
5,295 Posts
Does the megatall have a name yet?
I propose they call it Burj Tony 90, in honor of the forum member who keeps us updated on this project. :cheers:

When did this go On Hold? What happened here? It seems like foundation work was completed, then the next contractor just never arrived, similarly to Dubai Creek Tower. Any news from the developer?
I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
No, the developer is Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) and it runs the largest free trade zone in the region. The contract for the main structure seems to have been given to Belhasa Six Construct. Seeing absolutely no progress on the site for 6 months straight despite having such a big name developer and a leading contractor is indeed worrisome.

·
Super Moderator
11,701 Posts
You love to on hold Dubai don't you .. but of course you do it out of love :troll:

The developer said previously in an official statement they will announce a contractor this month! I don't get why this is moved to On Hold .. or why you making such a big fuss about it.

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,616 Posts
What a beautiful project with a miserably suburban surroundings

1 - 20 of 116 Posts