Skyscraper City Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 2696 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Shame about the cowshed in front. Whenever we knock one turd, another hidden turd is revealed behind it.
My word.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well, that particular station will be surrounded by tall buildings right up to its boundary - so its side appearance will hardly matter.

Its the parts you can actually see that need to be addressed - like the entrances and interior.
Largely agree, but remember it will be highly visible from Luke Street with the plaza area planned for Metro. A bit more thought than "corrugated iron, grand" would be nice there.

·
Banned
8,544 Posts
Largely agree, but remember it will be quite visible from the large plaza area planned for Metro. A bit more thought than "corrugated iron, grand" would be nice there.
I'd expect (while realizing this is Dublin) that the station appearance will be addressed in the Metro/DART interconnection development.

Hardly any point wasting money on Tara St before that?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'd expect (while realizing this is Dublin) that the station appearance will be addressed in the Metro/DART interconnection development.

Hardly any point wasting money on Tara St before that?
Entrance area will probably be worked on during the tower construction, since a walkway is being built through to Tara St. Doesn't look like much more than punching a hole through a wall though.

Metro would be the time to do the rest alright.

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,877 ·
Almost, almost...

Travelling in from Amiens Street (Connolly Station) yesterday I was really impressed with this building. Very imposing but the glazing is absolutely fantastic reflecting everything.

I think this tower will play perfectly against it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Kinda looks like it'll sit awkwardly in the same space as them, diminish their visual imposition, and overcrowd the towers in terms of massing.

I really think this project looks awful from that down-the-river render view. I'd like a few more aspects that include George's Quay to get a better sense of the visual and physical separation.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think it looks pretty good down river actually which proves opinions are like arseholes!
However it actually highlights that Liberty Hall’s appearance is quite run down and desperately needs a facelift. Less than ten years ago SIPTU had plans to rebuild and were knocked back. What is there plan B? Surely their requirement for an upgraded office building has not vanished.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yeh it looks grand, the tower is fine it just looks kind of bad because the rest of Dublin around it mostly looks so bad and this just stands out the most and has hardly any context to speak of or take away from its presence at all. I prefer the city centre views too, and I guess thats more important than how it looks from the port and docks. I think the bank towers on georges quay exaggerate its monolithic appearance, because they form a cluster of multiple slimmer highrises. If there was a taller and more impressive looking tower in place where liberty hall is it could greatly balance the composition I think. And make for an impressive skyline

1861 - 1880 of 2696 Posts