SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Dublin an Alpha- World City in new GaWC list

5755 28
Folks,

Dublin has been bestowed with the Alpha- World city status in the new revised list published by the GaWC. Dublin features alongside the elites of Chicago, Zurich, Frankfurt, Bangkok and Prague.

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/gawc/world2008t.html

Curious to note that megalopolises like Los Angeles, Melbourne, Manila and San Francisco comes in the beta-category, which I find rather strange and amusing. :nuts:

Referance: Wikipedia
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
These rankings are basically a high level overview of the world's economic powerhouses. They do not mean a huge amount except maybe for investors or those looking for locate a Global or regional HQ. Factors taken into account are the activity in the stock market in the city, the number of large corporate Headquarters located in the city and the 'wealth' of the city in terms of salaries. I do believe Dublin would score quite high given that it is a wealthy city (one of the highest average salaries in the world) and has a lion's share of global companies locating Headquarters here.
Don't ask me how we are supposed to be on the same footing as Frankfurt, for exmaple the ISEQ capital is over €1 billion whereas the DAX is up on €450 billion...
These rankings are basically a high level overview of the world's economic powerhouses. They do not mean a huge amount except maybe for investors or those looking for locate a Global or regional HQ. Factors taken into account are the activity in the stock market in the city, the number of large corporate Headquarters located in the city and the 'wealth' of the city in terms of salaries. I do believe Dublin would score quite high given that it is a wealthy city (one of the highest average salaries in the world) and has a lion's share of global companies locating Headquarters here.
well it's something i read before, but i really should check my sources. It's been quoted at €31 billion in January this year
The ISEQ is quoting well over €1 billion mate!
jesus i wonder does he bring that knife with him to work every day...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.