SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· K e e p W a l k i n g
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
^^ No Odlum, the point is not about Dublin.. Dublin may score high on all parameters but I think that chart has lost its credibility. Look where Canberra is, it makes you giggle...I dont want to go on more here because it may well become a City X City which is against SSC ehtos.. ;) I can go on n on n on about them ratings, but since Dub is up there and we all are happy about THAT ONE point, I'll stop here.. :)

GN mate

· K e e p W a l k i n g
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You mentioned LA
How would you we like it if we were governed by this imbecile? Give me Brian Lenihan any day!
Well mate, its America and he is American. You catch my drift?:lol::lol:
The knife is scary though..and he claimed he was in fun-mood! Still under the Terminator spell. :nuts:

· Above us only sky
547 Posts
I think that chart has lost its credibility.
If it ever had credibility in the first place. The general assumption that global economic leadership derives from the network of businesses included in the chart (accounting, law, etc.) is dubious anyway. It's an accurate snapshot, at best, but it misses the broad picture: For instance cities with a weak services sector but with high innovative powers (research, "Life Sciences") such as Baltimore, Basel or even Boston rank quite low, although they produce a lot of wealth and growth.

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Off the top of my head, I wouldn't rate Dublin as highly as in that list. It's a city with much wasted potential, and until this is addressed, I can't take them seriously when they rate San Fran, LA, and Melbourne lower than us.

Public transport, pedestrianisation, high prices, and lack of a visible police presence are the four priorities which must be tackled within the next 10 years. I think these are all achievable.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.