Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1596 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's start with a project recently approved by ABP.

9-17 St Andrews Lane, Dublin 2
planning application: 4342/16
original proposal:
4,138 m2, 155 bedrooms

approved by ABP on 28/02/18 with the following reductions:
- reduced by one full storey (middle floor)
- set back along its eastern elevation by a depth of not less than one metre, for a distance of not less than 11.4 metres from the southern building line. The setback shall be for the full height of the building

·
Registered
266 Posts
I presume this will be appealed by the lads who own the car bark across from Andrew Lane Theater, I heard they were kicking up a fuss about how it would negatively impact access to their carpark

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Removing the story will ruin the beauty and harmony of that building. I've seen perspective renders of this hotel and it looked great how it was, the design is well considered and high quality. They're making it worse by reducing the height and possibly unfeasible as this hotel had a small number of rooms to begin with.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Removing the story will ruin the Beauty and harmony of that building. I've seen perspective renders of this hotel and it looked great How it is , I I think the design is well considered. They're making it worse by reducing the height and possible unfeasible as this hotel had a small number of rooms to begin with

The set back will also ruin the design! Bloody idiots!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Interesting how those ubiquitous brown brick 1950s council flats adjoin the hotels in both the Mark Street and Bow Lane renders. No doubt, some interesting views from the hotel rooms for the guests who will stay over.... "Hey Hank, I see they hang out the laundry in their balconies in Ireland!" or "they have such enormous flat screen TVs in Ireland"

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Both nice looking hotels imo. That intersection between york street.aungier street in the backline area with all the council flats has to be one of the shittest looking places in south dublin, the hotel should improve it a bit

1 - 20 of 1596 Posts