To anyone who still cares...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sent from down-below. :P
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here want the Sens to win the cup even though they ousted the Sabres?

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
I used to be a bit of a Senators fan and I can't stand the sight of seeing another southern team win the cup (though at least this one is actually good enough to warrant it, for a change).

That said, I can't stand nor respect Bryan Murray. Not for his crying after the brawl game with the Sabres, but because of his antics behind the Ducks bench against Calgary a few years ago. Go Ducks, beat your former coach.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Ducks. If the Sabres can't have the Cup, neither can the Senators. Plus, the Ducks are a much more viable club and all but only like 6 of their players are CANADIANS. In fact, their entire defense is Canadian.

·
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare
1,944 Posts
I'm rooting for the Northeastern U.S. team... oh wait...

·
Paradise Island
3,743 Posts
The Rangers were my team back in the day and it is easy to cheer for Buffalo but I have been out of New York for so long that I'm generally not that passionate about the eastern conference.

The Ducks are a cheap and dirty team. Brad May is the scumbag who put the bounty on Steve Moore that led to the Bertuzzi incident. Chris Pronger is a master of dirty hits. Brian Burke is a classless GM who always puts together teams like this. Plus the Ducks are the team that knocked the Wild out of the playoffs. So I am rooting for the Senators.

·
exiled New Yorker
204 Posts
I only root for teams were ice is a natural occurance. Besides last year was tragic for anyone who ever rooted for the Whalers.

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
Oh yeah, how could I forget...one of my all-time favorite players (would have fit in perfectly on the late-90s Sabres teams), Clarkson alum, Grenoble Olympic team, Williamsville native Todd Marchant plays for the Ducks.

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts

Way to go, Todd.

I also realized another Clarkson Alum, Kent Huskins (hometown of Ottawa), plays for the Ducks. He was there while I was. Never thought he was good enough for the NHL, but I guess he was. Anyways, it's nice to have another fellow alum in the Stanley Cup ranks besides Erik Cole. :)puke:)

Let's Go Tech!

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
YES!! DUCKS WIN THE CUP! THE DUCKS HAVE WON THE CUP over the $#(&+) Senators!

Like I said, if the Sabres can't have the cup, neither can the Senators! HAHAHAHAHA!

Another I love about this, is that now that user named "abidib" on YouTube who called me dirty names just because I don't like the Senators, is probably crying in agony, as I think that incident has come back to haunt him, and the same for those two idiots who assaulted Sabres fan Renee Luck. I think those two incidents, plus a lot of other ones put a CURSE on the Senators, abidib, and those two guys who beat up Mrs. Luck, so they and Sens fans better watch their ASSES next time.

I hope you're feeling better, Renee.

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
To hell with the Sabres, really. Yeah, I'll root for them next year; but as far as this year's team, they blew it. It was theirs for the taking, and they didn't want it. I still feel ripped off, and these recent rumblings about "fiscal responsibility" are, I think, completely penny-wise and pound-foolish and as a fan it's pissing me off (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Anywhoooo.... this is a positive thread.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I agree with Sabretooth, the Sabres had nobody to blame but themselves this year for their collapse in the third round. Hell, they never really played all that great vs. the Isles or Rangers. They need better defense and bigger guys, like what the Duckies had their fair share of!

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
^ they earned this, too, they played with adversity when they needed, especially against Detroit, which, IMO, was their toughest series, no question. When Pronger was suspended, they seemed to play better and even when they didn't play their best, their goalie came through. Pretty much earned it like the Carolina Hurricanes did last year.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm glad the Ducks won too. I know that I stated on here a couple of times that the Senators looked like the team to beat, being the way they mowed down the Eastern Conference. But it goes to show that great defense and goaltending are still the deciding factor, no matter how zippy the opposition is. You Go Ducks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.